A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

stupid question regarding radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question regarding radio

hey guys, i just got my new 2011 a4 premium and i have really dumb question, is there a way to turn off ur ignition without killing your radio? on my 2008 a4 as long as i didnt pull the key out, the radio stayed on and on the new a4 i dont know what to do exactly...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Only turn off ignition

Originally Posted by NeoReaper
hey guys, i just got my new 2011 a4 premium and i have really dumb question, is there a way to turn off ur ignition without killing your radio? on my 2008 a4 as long as i didnt pull the key out, the radio stayed on and on the new a4 i dont know what to do exactly...
To turn off ignition you just press (once more) on the "key".

The radio then keeps playing (at least 10 minutes) until you take out the "key". Don't remember if there is a time out in this mode. (Don't know how this works with Advanced Key).

Without a key in the "hole" you can activate the radio or media player with at press on the volume/mute button. It then turns off after 10 minutes.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi8k

The radio then keeps playing (at least 10 minutes) until you take out the "key". Don't remember if there is a time out in this mode. (Don't know how this works with Advanced Key).

Without a key in the "hole" you can activate the radio or media player with at press on the volume/mute button. It then turns off after 10 minutes.
i got a base a4 without advanced key and i cant find a way to keep it on lol, i guess i just have to press the power button to turn it back on. i was hoping there was a setting somewhere in the menu that i missed but maybe not.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so i dont understand why my radio doesnt stay on if i push the key once and leave it in. is there something you did to make this happen on ur car or it came that way? i have the the base single disc cd player with ami ipod cable.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NeoReaper
so i dont understand why my radio doesnt stay on if i push the key once and leave it in. is there something you did to make this happen on ur car or it came that way? i have the the base single disc cd player with ami ipod cable.
No setting that I know of. I found posts in other forums that suggest that this behavior is new from MY 2010. I have Consert radio with B&O and 2G-Nav. I don't know if that can make a difference.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No setting that I know of. I found posts in other forums that suggest that this behavior is new from MY 2010. I have Consert radio with B&O and 2G-Nav. I don't know if that can make a difference.
wouldnt surprise me if thats the reason why yours stays on and mine doesnt. o well, ill ask the dealership when i bring it in for maintenance, not that big a deal.