A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Want to get back to Audi... test drive tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Want to get back to Audi... test drive tomorrow...

Howdy folks. I once had a 2003 A4 that I loved until someone t-boned me. That was the end of that, and I ended up with a new 2008 IS250 which I am currently driving (new A4 was not out yet). While the Lexus is nice and has a high luxury content, it's lacking in any sort of sport or soul- which I think I am most attracted to in a car. That's what I miss most about the A4. It made noise, let you feel the road, and looked great doing it. Since the accident, I've missed the car dearly. Now that my IS lease is about up, I'm faced with some decisions. Finances are going to dictate where I end up, but I'd like to get back into another A4. What is going to be the biggest problem is the price. The A4 is leasing for much more than most of it's competitors. I can't afford a higher monthly payment, but I do have some equity with my IS trade (it's waaaaay under miles). So, I could use that as the down payment, but the monthly is still going to be higher than I want to swing. I could make it all work with a base premium, but I don't think I'd want to skimp out on the trademark LED's. I also must have things like the trip computer and a sport suspension. The PP just doesn't look sporty enough with the standard 17" rims. Another deterant is the fact they dumped Aruba Blue. I loved that color and it's no longer available. But I am sure I could settle on something else.
Anyway, maybe the test drive will pull me in more. Or maybe there are some incentive programs I don't know about that could help. I'd love to enjoy driving again and I am sure the Audi would help with that.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you consider purchasing a used 2009 model? Aruba Blue was available on the B8 then as well as an optional 3.2 v6. Models with the sports package are usually hard to find but worth looking for.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I second the post above. Consider going used. Live below your means and you will sleep better
Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Incentives should still be active. Last time I checked there was $1,500 'conquest money' for those coming from other luxury brands.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He wants to lease, not buy. Can you actually lease a used vehicle?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, I cannot afford to buy. I have to lease. Otherwise, I would seek out a used one.
I wasn't aware of the $1500 conquest. I thought it was for returning Audi owners of recent model years (mine was a 2003). If I qualify because I have the Lexus, then that opens up a big door.
I wasn't able to make it to the dealer, but will soon. My fear is a lot of old memories will come back during the test drive, and will be suckered in. I don't want to overextend myself financially. I need to be in the mid-$300's for my monthly payment, with a typical down payment. I'm hoping the equity in my trade will account for something. It's going to be a battle with the dealer, I can tell already.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about an A3?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
How about an A3?
+1. these are great little cars and not-that-much-smaller than your 03 A4. Where are you? I can think of at least one very good dealer in the NY/NY area that will cut you a good deal and not give you grief.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The A3 is a respectable car, but I am not into the station wagon or hatchback thing. Thanks for the idea though.
I'm in L.A. I used Keyes for my A4 and will test drive there.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SFV A4
The A3 is a respectable car, but I am not into the station wagon or hatchback thing. Thanks for the idea though.
I'm in L.A. I used Keyes for my A4 and will test drive there.
Fair enough.

Does it have to be an Audi? The new Jetta will be pretty much the same size as you old A4. Then there's the Passat and CC. Both are damned fine cars and smaller than the current A4. Not much, but a bit.

Quick Reply: Want to get back to Audi... test drive tomorrow...