A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tubi
I might add some dealers and authorized body shops are not honest when it comes to collisions. I was involved in a bad collision once. The captive lease company just told me to repair the car back to the original condition at an authorized body shop. The collision never showed up on CarFax and I bet they sold the car as a spanking new CPO to the next unsuspecting customer.
This happens often. A very large dealer chain in LA tried passing off a nearly new Hyundai Veracruz to my dad. When we asked the salesguy why it only had 780 miles, he said it was owned by a little old Korean lady who hated it's size. Said she drove it for a month and then it sat in her garage for four more. Sounding fishy, I climbed up the doorjam and looked over the roof to see if I could detect anything. Low and behold, there was a distict paint line where the pillars met the roof. Upon digging further, all the doorjams and rubber seals had a white powder all over them. That is a telltail sign it's been sitting in a body shop collecting sanding dust while worked on. When I mumbled to my dad what I saw, the salesguy just remained quiet and had nothing to say. That was the end of that.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badulla
I am looking at a 2009 with approximately 10k miles on it. Car is a 9.5/10, small scratch on a piece of interior trim and a small scuff on the rear bumper that I can probably get out with some compound.

Initially I thought there was no way I would purchase a loaner car because people like me beat on them when the opportunity arises. But, everything looks and sounds great plus it is CPO, so 6 years 100k miles peace of mind.

Assuming price is right, does my CPO rationale make sense? Would you buy?

Also....if you have read this far I may as toss in one more question. What do you think is a decent price? 2009 Premium with iPod, Bluetooth, Homelink, Heated Seats. They are asking $30,500. I'm thinking $27k, am I crazy?

Thanks,
Dan
Don't, it is too much, I leased a brand new 2009 avant with exact same options and my negotiated price was $30,500. Don't pay more than 25k for it.