A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

$200 for genuine Audi Rings beam puddle lights?

Old 07-02-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $200 for genuine Audi Rings beam puddle lights?

I am looking to order and install the genuine Audi Rings puddle lamps for the front driver and passenger doors on my prestige A4 but am hung up on the price - $100 per light, really? To those that have purchased the genuine ones, are they worth the price? I purchased cheap ones made overseas for my Cadillac ATS (Cadillac didn't even offer a genuine option) and the film that the light projected through would distort after about 6 months of use and require you purchase a new set. Granted they were only $20 for a set of two, 10% the cost of what Audi is charging.

The part number for these lights is 4G0052133G. Is there a cheaper place that I can buy the genuine part besides eBay?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

These came on my car as OEM. They are extremely sharp in the display of the rings, almost like they are being projected by a laser. I can't say if they are worth it versus aftermarket - i tried getting them removed from the car because i wanted to save the money, but the dealer said they were part of the car and couldn't remove so i kind of had to take them.

One thing they don't do is really illuminate the ground other than directly where the rings are. I think they are a gimmick but the execution is pretty darn good.
If you replace yours, i'd be interested to know the process. I keep hearing a rattle in my door panels (just front doors) that i swear sounds like a loose plastic marble or screw rolling around when I brake and accelerate, and I feel like this might be caused by the beam rings being installed at the port.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Lots of online sources including EBay. Do a Google search for the part #, but you still won’t get a set for $20.
Be aware, there are two styles with different connectors. Your car takes the narrow one.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 720 Likes on 499 Posts

I have a few spare sets if you are interested. I normally sell them as a package for people who also want real door edge red lights rather than just the red reflector. But I can always sell you set on its own. The shipping from the UK is probably going to be prohibitive.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandelay
These came on my car as OEM. They are extremely sharp in the display of the rings, almost like they are being projected by a laser. I can't say if they are worth it versus aftermarket - i tried getting them removed from the car because i wanted to save the money, but the dealer said they were part of the car and couldn't remove so i kind of had to take them.

One thing they don't do is really illuminate the ground other than directly where the rings are. I think they are a gimmick but the execution is pretty darn good.
If you replace yours, i'd be interested to know the process. I keep hearing a rattle in my door panels (just front doors) that i swear sounds like a loose plastic marble or screw rolling around when I brake and accelerate, and I feel like this might be caused by the beam rings being installed at the port.
I am sure they are of much better quality than after market since Audi is putting their name on it, but $90 more per light is a high markup for those four rings. I'm not really interested in illuminating the ground beneath the door so that's a non-issue for me. I believe they are plug and play - at least they were in my last car. I did see a video where someone removed their light from one of their doors and a plastic piece was missing on the back housing, someone suggested it came off and was in the door panel. May be worth removing your light and searching around for a missing piece.

I think it's BS that your dealer couldn't uninstall them.

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Lots of online sources including EBay. Do a Google search for the part #, but you still won’t get a set for $20.
Be aware, there are two styles with different connectors. Your car takes the narrow one.
I know I definitely won't come near $20, but anything less than $200 would be a deal for me. Great to know about the narrow connection for my car, thank you!

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I have a few spare sets if you are interested. I normally sell them as a package for people who also want real door edge red lights rather than just the red reflector. But I can always sell you set on its own. The shipping from the UK is probably going to be prohibitive.
I appreciate the offer but I think I am going to be more comfortable ordering from somewhere where the lights are at least warrantied. Plus, as you mentioned, I'm sure the shipping would raise some problems.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

The genuine Audi ones are definitely sharper and nicer looking than the Amazon knockoffs. The cheapest genuine ones I could find was around $165 via Google and eBay. The knockoff ones from a 4+ star vendor on Amazon is about $12-13 bucks. Needless to say, I saved the $140 and the knockoff ones work fine. Not as sharp and vibrant, but my passengers definitely notice them regardless and probably wouldn't notice $140 worth of improvement. Always a topic of conversation.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

audiusaparts.com
Part Number
4G0-052-133-G rings logo $165
4G0-052-133-H Quattro logo $165

Last edited by CDang; 07-02-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idealdreams
I am looking to order and install the genuine Audi Rings puddle lamps for the front driver and passenger doors on my prestige A4 but am hung up on the price - $100 per light, really? To those that have purchased the genuine ones, are they worth the price? I purchased cheap ones made overseas for my Cadillac ATS (Cadillac didn't even offer a genuine option) and the film that the light projected through would distort after about 6 months of use and require you purchase a new set. Granted they were only $20 for a set of two, 10% the cost of what Audi is charging.

The part number for these lights is 4G0052133G. Is there a cheaper place that I can buy the genuine part besides eBay?

Thanks!
Hey are you still looking?
Old 07-04-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandelay

When I installed the cheap lights that I bought off Amazon for about $12/pair (ones that say "Audi" with the four rings below it all inside a circle), I found the installation was a bit of a challenge. If you are not careful, there is a plastic cover that gets caught in the opening and pulled off the top of the light assembly when you pry the assembly down to remove it. I have at least one left inside one of my doors. The sound you hear is almost certainly from that plastic cover. I suspect it is harmless, but the noise would drive me crazy. Fortunately, the one I stupidly left up inside the door doesn't seem to make any noise (so far).

Last edited by MDAudi; 07-04-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

4G0-052-133-G is 159.95 at getaudiparts.com. I have bought several things from them and have no complaints. Give them your VIN and they will be sure you are ordering the correct part for your car.

My understanding is they come in sets of 2, in which case you would need 2 sets if you want to outfit all 4 doors.

At $300+ for the whole car, the beam rings puddle light silliness costs too much for me. So I got some cheap ones that cost ~$12 for a set of 2. Not as crisp and clean as the OEM ones, but the are fine. It cracks people up when they first get in the car at night or in a garage. My wife won't let me put a set on her Allroad, though...

Last edited by MDAudi; 07-04-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $200 for genuine Audi Rings beam puddle lights?