1st time Audi owner with some questions

A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

1st time Audi owner with some questions

Old 06-18-2019, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time Audi owner with some questions

Hello all!

After going through a few different vehicles in the last 6 months I've settled in on a new to me A4 Premium and have a few questions.

Is there a way to see the pressure for each tire? I found something in the MMI about storing the current pressure but I couldn't navigate to where I can see what those pressures actually were.

On the MMI controls, the right control button doesn't move or push in like the left button, is this because I'm missing features that would utilize that or simply a bad switch that I need to have a dealer check out?
Old 06-18-2019, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by snaplink View Post
Hello all!

After going through a few different vehicles in the last 6 months I've settled in on a new to me A4 Premium and have a few questions.

Is there a way to see the pressure for each tire? I found something in the MMI about storing the current pressure but I couldn't navigate to where I can see what those pressures actually were.

On the MMI controls, the right control button doesn't move or push in like the left button, is this because I'm missing features that would utilize that or simply a bad switch that I need to have a dealer check out?

Congrats on your first Audi!

Unfortunately there is no individual tire pressure notification. It is just a general overall pressure setting and notification if "A" tire falls below the threshold.

What right button on the MMI? The toggle switch? Can you take a picture of your MMI setup?
Old 06-18-2019, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4 View Post
Congrats on your first Audi!

Unfortunately there is no individual tire pressure notification. It is just a general overall pressure setting and notification if "A" tire falls below the threshold.
Oh ok, I'll have to manually check them. Time to buy a pressure gauge, all my other vehicles would show that so I don't have one!

What right button on the MMI? The toggle switch? Can you take a picture of your MMI setup?

Right button next to the dial
Old 06-18-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The right MMI button should have the same clicky feel as the left. Is it brand new? If it was pre-owned, perhaps someone spilt something on the MMI controller buttons and it's sticking now.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Believe Audi uses the cheaper indirect tire pressure monitoring sensors which arenít capable of measuring or displaying the absolute pressure values of each tire. However, the car is supposed to alert you as to which tire or tires have low pressure in the dash via an icon and message stating which tires are low (but doesnít include pressure values).

https://www.audi-technology-portal.d...itoring-system

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 06-18-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a retrofit available to add TPMS sensors to your wheels which will give you exactly that.

https://www.kufatec.com/en/tires-rim...8w-a5-f5-43730
Old 06-18-2019, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you for all the replies!

I'm getting used to the MMI controls and the car over all coming from a Ford Mustang GT and more recently a Grand Cherokee. I ended up at a gas station and set the air compressor to 35psi and did all four tires and then went into the MMI and stored the current values. Anyone have a recommendation for an accurate air gauge?

I'm going to let a dealer sort the MMI control button out.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm getting used to the MMI controls and the car over all coming from a Ford Mustang GT and more recently a Grand Cherokee. I ended up at a gas station and set the air compressor to 35psi and did all four tires and then went into the MMI and stored the current values. Anyone have a recommendation for an accurate air gauge?

I think for that they may have to lift the center piece up - maybe ask that they check all the buttons to make sure there won't be issues arising?
Old 06-18-2019, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure you are not setting all the tires to just "35" all around. The correct tire pressure should be in your manual(if you got one). The sticker on the drivers side door jamb might only show pressure for vehicle with full occupants.

Heres a nice site for guages at all different price levels: https://www.carid.com/search/tire+pr...9e055#products
Old 06-18-2019, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4 View Post
Make sure you are not setting all the tires to just "35" all around. The correct tire pressure should be in your manual(if you got one). The sticker on the drivers side door jamb might only show pressure for vehicle with full occupants.

Heres a nice site for guages at all different price levels: https://www.carid.com/search/tire+pr...9e055#products
Great tip, that's exactly what I did and set it to 35 all around based on the door sticker.

I thought I saw the owners manual in the MMI but I can't find it again for the life of me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st time Audi owner with some questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: