A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2 year service on 2017 A4 B9

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Kane
Well, my service center was nice enough to automatically schedule me for my next annual appointment next year , without even asking...

I got the standard survey sent to me to boot. I could speak my mind there, but in my experience that either goes nowhere, or leads to further contacts/hassles, and then leads nowhere. And I could just get audi lecturing.
Yep...best to keep your mouth shut and never tell anyone how you really feel so that the problem remains buried and no resolution is ever obtained.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
Yep...best to keep your mouth shut and never tell anyone how you really feel so that the problem remains buried and no resolution is ever obtained.
Have you ever sent your food back at a restaurant? Have you ever tipped poorly for (legitimately) bad service and then returned there to eat?

You are free to do those things. They come with some risk.

The game of the survey is the "we need to get all 10s". There is some power in suggesting up front that you don't feel that way, and the dealer may be compelled to make it right. After its submitted (and if there are enough of them), it may warrant some kind of corporate action; but there isn't necessarily local motivation to correct anything. This was going to be a very 'subjective' discussion when raised to managerial levels; and they may be onboard with the upsell.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

This is seriously some straight up Stockholm Syndrome from OP. How can one be so completely beta about this? When I spend fifty thousand dollars with a business I make them earn their 10s, and you better believe that when they're on the wrong side of 5 they're gonna hear an earful from me about it.

The real question you should be asking yourself is why you would ever return to eat at a place that you receive legitimately bad service from and nobody wants to apologize or make it right for you. Also, that example is poor because when I receive bad service, I speak to the damn manager about what made my experience poor and I tip 10% instead of 25%. I don't just write a zero on the tip line and walk out expecting something meaningful to happen.

To each their own, however.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really, its being taken out of context. I agree with you on what you described as a counter restaurant example. You can and should go to manager in those situations, assuming manager is motivated.

This place is more complicated since they're removed from the sales; yes, I can go elsewhere, or I can go to one of the dealer groups service/sales/locations. They are quite a bit further from me, so I gave this a spin. My local experiences at other audi dealers (pre-sales), and a spot service or two, as I have noted, were pretty poor. When this location was a full dealership, the experience was much better.

In a subjective he-said, she said, the service advisor, much like the kid working at the movie theatre, is merely suggesting the "better buy" (the big size soda with extra ice). That movie kid gets an incentive if observed doing the upsell, and I suspect thats the case here. And while there, I observed the manager in another customer dialogue that gave me the same kind of vibe.

Anyway, we've gone off the rails here. I can and will vote with my wallet.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
This is seriously some straight up Stockholm Syndrome from OP. How can one be so completely beta about this? When I spend fifty thousand dollars with a business I make them earn their 10s, and you better believe that when they're on the wrong side of 5 they're gonna hear an earful from me about it.

The real question you should be asking yourself is why you would ever return to eat at a place that you receive legitimately bad service from and nobody wants to apologize or make it right for you. Also, that example is poor because when I receive bad service, I speak to the damn manager about what made my experience poor and I tip 10% instead of 25%. I don't just write a zero on the tip line and walk out expecting something meaningful to happen.

To each their own, however.
EXACTLY!
Old 07-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from the stealership for the 20k service on our Q7. The bill was $745 - for a glorified oil change. Definitely wishing I bought Audi Care and just fired off an email to my salesman asking if it was too late to do so. Interestingly the service department did not offer to sell me Audi Care while I was there.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sundayfish
Just got back from the stealership for the 20k service on our Q7. The bill was $745 - for a glorified oil change. Definitely wishing I bought Audi Care and just fired off an email to my salesman asking if it was too late to do so. Interestingly the service department did not offer to sell me Audi Care while I was there.
wow....... high.... by any standards....
Old 07-13-2018, 02:21 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

$745? USD?

And I thought I got highway robbed paying $530 (CAD) + tax for the "30K" (kms)/2 year service on my B9...
Old 07-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes sir. However, I just signed an Audi Care contract and the 745 was put toward it.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Yes sir. However, I just signed an Audi Care contract and the 745 was put toward it.
It's good that your dealer did that to maintain customer goodwill. My dealer did something similar. The day I got home after purchasing AudiCare, there's a postcard from AudiUSA "$100 off AudiCare". The postcard had all the disclaimers, "not valid on prior purchases, etc." Went back to my dealer the next working day and explained the situation, the dealership sent me a check for $100 as customer goodwill.

Just had my 30k mile service done this morning.

Quick Reply: 2 year service on 2017 A4 B9