A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017/2018 maps!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maps

I am up on the site and I cannot find the maps. Is it in the connect site or the myaudi area
Old 05-26-2017, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by greedygremlin
I am up on the site and I cannot find the maps. Is it in the connect site or the myaudi area
On the Overview page, click on AudiConnect Services at the middle right of the page. Then use the right arrow to scroll through the various services, and you'll see Map Update.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default maps

Originally Posted by A4Driver
On the Overview page, click on AudiConnect Services at the middle right of the page. Then use the right arrow to scroll through the various services, and you'll see Map Update.

Got it!! Thanks
Old 05-26-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
It's Java-based. Make sure you have the newest JRE from java.com, then you should be able to open the .jnlp file and run the download program...
Thanks, I had to update the JRE and it was all fine. Appreciate it.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I downloaded the 2 map update folders fine, put them on an SD card, but when I try to update, MMI doesn't recognize the SD card. I tried it in Slot1 and Slot2, same problem. It's a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro, which my computer and Nikon camera recognize fine. Any ideas?

Thanks, Sean
Old 05-27-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sean Curry
I downloaded the 2 map update folders fine, put them on an SD card, but when I try to update, MMI doesn't recognize the SD card. I tried it in Slot1 and Slot2, same problem. It's a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro, which my computer and Nikon camera recognize fine. Any ideas?

Thanks, Sean
I did it with the same card??????? Make sure that you put the two folders in thje root directory of the card and there should be two small files in there too in addition to the two folders.

The sd card should have the following files on it:

mib1 (a folder)
mib2 (a folder)
0231001A.md5 (a 95 kb file)
metainfo2 (a 1 kb file)

if that doesn't work, you could try a 16gb card????? Make sure you format the card to fat32 first, but I imagine you did that.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:18 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks, Sean
Don't download it to your computer's hard drive and then copy the files to the SD card; you should pick the SD card directly in the Audi Java tool.

I have no idea why that is (maybe there are hidden files? files with references to the SD card that won't be accurate?), but that's what I learned the hard way when I installed my first update.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VM
Don't download it to your computer's hard drive and then copy the files to the SD card; you should pick the SD card directly in the Audi Java tool.

I have no idea why that is (maybe there are hidden files? files with references to the SD card that won't be accurate?), but that's what I learned the hard way when I installed my first update.
Hm. I downloaded it directly to my computer, then formatted the sd card, the drug the four files to my sd card and it worked great.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gguy
I did it with the same card??????? Make sure that you put the two folders in thje root directory of the card and there should be two small files in there too in addition to the two folders.

The sd card should have the following files on it:

mib1 (a folder)
mib2 (a folder)
0231001A.md5 (a 95 kb file)
metainfo2 (a 1 kb file)

if that doesn't work, you could try a 16gb card????? Make sure you format the card to fat32 first, but I imagine you did that.

Thanks - I had only copied the 2 mib folders to the SD card. Once I added the 2 small files, it worked perfectly. I appreciate your help.

Sean
Old 05-27-2017, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks - I had only copied the 2 mib folders to the SD card. Once I added the 2 small files, it worked perfectly. I appreciate your help.

Sean
Great, glad you got it. I was surprised how quickly the MMI system updated. Only took about 20 minutes or so.

Quick Reply: 2017/2018 maps!