A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audidave69
Managed to get traffic sign recognition to work after months of work, as previously said you need VCP to get this working but I used ODBeleven to do the rest.
Tested it on UK road signs all works fine.
Getting the flash coding for cameras and country is a nightmare.
https://flic.kr/p/21BCVp1
Well done Dave!

May I ask where you sourced the flash coding for? Also did you use your own VCP or take it somewhere for it to be flashed?

I have just OBDEleven at the moment and would like to add this feature if possible.

Cheers
Old 11-22-2017, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Debanks
Well done Dave!

May I ask where you sourced the flash coding for? Also did you use your own VCP or take it somewhere for it to be flashed?

I have just OBDEleven at the moment and would like to add this feature if possible.

Cheers
+1

I'm also in the UK so any pointers would be very welcome. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Managed to get traffic sign recognition to work after months of work, as previously said you need VCP to get this working but I used ODBeleven to do the rest.
Tested it on UK road signs all works fine.
Getting the flash coding for cameras and country is a nightmare.
https://flic.kr/p/21BCVp1

Does it show up in the hud as well?
Instructions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-22-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think you can code the HUD but i dont have it on my car so not looked into coding, I have a pre loded dongle that i got from Germany for £170 it can flash the camera and install the coding for TSR I dont know if the mmi part is included as i already had my car coded with odbeleven and used the dongle after coding.
i used this coding for mmi
- 17 Instruments, Long Coding, Byte 05, Bit 2 on
- 8E Image Processing, Long Coding, Byte 02, Bit 0 on
- MMI Hidden Menu: car/cardevicelist, VZE on
- MMI Hidden Menu: car/carmenuoperation, VZE => 5

The link for dongle is https://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/diagn...ennung-vze-mlb

If anyone wants to meet up i can code your car with my dongle for a small donation save shelling out on £170 with postage.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If anyone wants to meet up i can code your car with my dongle for a small donation save shelling out on £170 with postage.
That will not work. The dongle can only be used on one vehicle. I suspect your vehicle's VIN is recorded by the dongle during the flashing process. It can be used multiple times on the same vehicle though.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is the coding i used with OBDeleven

STG 5F (Informationselektrik)

STG adaptation

Vehicle function list

Select BAP-traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 -> adjust value to active

Select Vehicle menu Operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification -> Adjust value to enabled

Select Vehicle Menu Operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_thresho ld_high -> adjust value to enabled

STG A5 (front / camera)

STG access authorization

Enter release code 20103

STG Long Coding

Byte 1 -> enable bit 0

Note: With newer cameras, this applies instead: Byte 16 -> Bit 4 (with the current VCDS the bit is labeled)

This is the VCP coding that i could not understand or use

In the following the necessary codes to activate the traffic sign recognition, if a front camera as well as the MMI navigation (goes with MMI navigation and with MMI navigation plus MMI touch) is installed. As a first step, the camera must be parameterized, otherwise it can not be coded.

Coding requires VCP for the parameterization of the camera!

Stand 14.03.2017: The parameterization / Flash file of the camera is sometimes only available for index A (8W0907217A)

Stand 25.04.2017: The parameterization / Flash file of the camera is now also available for index B (8W0907217B)

Stand 26.06.2017: The parameterization / Flash file of the camera is now also available for index C (8W0907217C)
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think you can code the HUD but i dont have it on my car so not looked into coding, I have a pre loded dongle that i got from Germany for £170 it can flash the camera and install the coding for TSR I dont know if the mmi part is included as i already had my car coded with odbeleven and used the dongle after coding.
i used this coding for mmi
- 17 Instruments, Long Coding, Byte 05, Bit 2 on
- 8E Image Processing, Long Coding, Byte 02, Bit 0 on
- MMI Hidden Menu: car/cardevicelist, VZE on
- MMI Hidden Menu: car/carmenuoperation, VZE => 5

The link for dongle is https://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/diagn...ennung-vze-mlb

Originally Posted by BFN949
That will not work. The dongle can only be used on one vehicle. I suspect your vehicle's VIN is recorded by the dongle during the flashing process. It can be used multiple times on the same vehicle though.
Thats a shame would have been good to let other members code there cars with it.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thats a shame would have been good to let other members code there cars with it.
Just for clarification - you're saying we need the VCP, OBD11 and the dongle? Thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the a5 module doesn't show up on my obdeleven, does that mean i am SOL
Old 11-22-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Shredderman 3.5
Just for clarification - you're saying we need the VCP, OBD11 and the dongle? Thanks.
if you can find someone with VCP it can be fully coded if they know how to flash the camera.
The dongle also can fully code on its own but not sure if it codes the mmi options as mine had been coded with OBDeleven before I used the dongle.

just wondering if anyone knows if fitting new indicator stalk module with the lane assist button to my car will work without coding so I can switch it on and off?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks