A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audidave69
I think you can code the HUD but i dont have it on my car so not looked into coding, I have a pre loded dongle that i got from Germany for £170 it can flash the camera and install the coding for TSR I dont know if the mmi part is included as i already had my car coded with odbeleven and used the dongle after coding.
i used this coding for mmi
- 17 Instruments, Long Coding, Byte 05, Bit 2 on
- 8E Image Processing, Long Coding, Byte 02, Bit 0 on
- MMI Hidden Menu: car/cardevicelist, VZE on
- MMI Hidden Menu: car/carmenuoperation, VZE => 5

The link for dongle is https://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/diagn...ennung-vze-mlb

If anyone wants to meet up i can code your car with my dongle for a small donation save shelling out on £170 with postage.
Thanks for that, really useful. I've ordered the dongle from the Kufatec UK site so it was £160 delivered. I haven't done the MMI coding so will report back and let you know if it's necessary or whether the dongle does everything. There are no downloadable instructions so hopefully some come with the dongle.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyFartPants
Thanks for that, really useful. I've ordered the dongle from the Kufatec UK site so it was £160 delivered. I haven't done the MMI coding so will report back and let you know if it's necessary or whether the dongle does everything. There are no downloadable instructions so hopefully some come with the dongle.
That’s good, let us know if it codes the mmi if not I’ll dig out the coding I used with OBDeleven, the instructions I got from kufatec were sit in car all doors bonnet boot shut, ignition on for one minute then plug dongle into ODB red light on when it goes green your done.
just don’t panic at all the warning messages that flash up as it’s doing it’s stuff, I thought I had killed my car 😃
Old 11-23-2017, 01:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audidave69
That’s good, let us know if it codes the mmi if not I’ll dig out the coding I used with OBDeleven, the instructions I got from kufatec were sit in car all doors bonnet boot shut, ignition on for one minute then plug dongle into ODB red light on when it goes green your done.
just don’t panic at all the warning messages that flash up as it’s doing it’s stuff, I thought I had killed my car 😃
Thanks for your feedback Dave and I’m sure it will help a lot of people out! Glad your car is still alive 😆
Old 11-23-2017, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Kufatec USA lists that dongle as available too.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hello,
i have a 2017 audi a4 built in march of 2016, I have front parking sensors that come on if i push the parking button on dash.. I bought the obdeleven and tried to long code it to have the parking assist enable auto.. However after following the steps it still isn't showing up in the parking assist screen.. only to change the volume still.. am i missing something here.. thank you
Old 11-26-2017, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsynergy
hello,
i have a 2017 audi a4 built in march of 2016, I have front parking sensors that come on if i push the parking button on dash.. I bought the obdeleven and tried to long code it to have the parking assist enable auto.. However after following the steps it still isn't showing up in the parking assist screen.. only to change the volume still.. am i missing something here.. thank you
Is this what you did?
09/Central Elec Long Coding Automatic PDC front Byte 37 / Bit 1 on

Keep in mind that this will activate the front sensors when you get close to an object ahead of you. You need to be within about 3 feet. You will not get the full parking screen. You will only get a small overlay on top of whatever is displayed on the MMI screen with graphic representation of the front sensors. At first you only get the graphic. As you get a bit closer, you should get the audio warning tones.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I really don't think you want to do this^^^. Will drive you crazy while driving!
Old 11-26-2017, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by securityguy
I really don't think you want to do this^^^. Will drive you crazy while driving!
On the contrary, you have to be very close before it comes on. Closer than most anyone would normally be when stopped at a red light. And it's very handy when you want to snug up the gap... just pull forward until the graphic comes on and stop before the annoying beeping starts.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Is this what you did?
09/Central Elec Long Coding Automatic PDC front Byte 37 / Bit 1 on

Keep in mind that this will activate the front sensors when you get close to an object ahead of you. You need to be within about 3 feet. You will not get the full parking screen. You will only get a small overlay on top of whatever is displayed on the MMI screen with graphic representation of the front sensors. At first you only get the graphic. As you get a bit closer, you should get the audio warning tones.
yes i followed all the steps on page 1..
i was under the impression when i go into drive assistant>parking aid> i would see a box to enable auto parking sensors. however i do not.. I just see 3 boxes for volume control of the sensors when pulling in. When pulling into the garage i don't get any warnings unless i physically push the parking button on the center console. then half the screen comes up and i can see how close i am and i hear beeps. so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong to get the parking sensors to trigger on auto without me having to push the button.. My wife has a b9 built in june of 2016 and she has the auto function..
Old 11-26-2017, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lexsynergy
yes i followed all the steps on page 1..
i was under the impression when i go into drive assistant>parking aid> i would see a box to enable auto parking sensors. however i do not.. I just see 3 boxes for volume control of the sensors when pulling in. When pulling into the garage i don't get any warnings unless i physically push the parking button on the center console. then half the screen comes up and i can see how close i am and i hear beeps. so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong to get the parking sensors to trigger on auto without me having to push the button.. My wife has a b9 built in june of 2016 and she has the auto function..
I don't recall there being an on/off setting.

Did you check that the bit really did get set? If I recall, you have to hold the checkmark button until it tells you the coding was accepted.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks