A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Old 12-13-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _peartree
I'm very interested in this thread and would like to know if anyone in North America has ordered the KUFATEC diagnostic interface for activating the camera-based traffic sign recognition function. My car has the required options to display. I will be going to Germany in a couple of weeks and would try to pick one up if I could confirm it would work on a NA spec car. thanks all
Yes it works. I am in North American, NOVA area. Ordered from that German site. it works with cars here.

Does anyone know if we can enable Wifi tethering with phone. I mean tether the wifi of the car with the phone and use Phone's data instead of using external SIM?
Old 12-13-2017, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gguy
did you order from Kufarek in Germany or USA?
From German site
Old 12-13-2017, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by danoarx
Yes it works. I am in North American, NOVA area. Ordered from that German site. it works with cars here.

Does anyone know if we can enable Wifi tethering with phone. I mean tether the wifi of the car with the phone and use Phone's data instead of using external SIM?
You can here in the U.K. by enabling personal hotspot on your phone (iPhone in my case), then searching for that hotspot and connecting to it. I’ve got Audi Connect - not sure if that affects the function at all...
Old 12-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks! Im still trying to figure out what camera my car has. I did not get enhanced drivers assistance package (thus why I wish to enable Traffic sign recognition) but my vehicle options sticker does not have a code for the camera (missing QK1 PR Code). I know the car has a camera and am hoping that the sticker in the truck well is missing some info. Does your car have the QK1 PR Code?

Re you question on tethering wi-fi from phone the answer is yes based on other posts on site related to enabling google street view.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Many thanks! Im still trying to figure out what camera my car has. I did not get enhanced drivers assistance package (thus why I wish to enable Traffic sign recognition) but my vehicle options sticker does not have a code for the camera (missing QK1 PR Code). I know the car has a camera and am hoping that the sticker in the truck well is missing some info. Does your car have the QK1 PR Code?

Re you question on tethering wi-fi from phone the answer is yes based on other posts on site related to enabling google street view.
I have Premium Plus with Virtual Cockpit. Which model do you have? I am not sure about camera code, how do I check that? I think if you have premium plus it should work.

About WiFi, how to do that?
Old 12-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Premium Plus with Virtual Cockpit. Which model do you have? I am not sure about camera code, how do I check that? I think if you have premium plus it should work.

About WiFi, how to do that?
Thanks again. I am in Canada so the model trim is called A4 Technik. In the trunk next to spare tire there is a sticker with a bunch of 3 letter codes (PR Codes). These identify details about ones car, options etc. One specifically (Pr No. QK1) relates to front camera. My car does not have that code even though I have a camera.

Regarding tethering the phone data to the car, after checking again it seems the answer is not possible to do simply. here is the link to the thread.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ccess-2862183/
Old 12-15-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks again. I am in Canada so the model trim is called A4 Technik. In the trunk next to spare tire there is a sticker with a bunch of 3 letter codes (PR Codes). These identify details about ones car, options etc. One specifically (Pr No. QK1) relates to front camera. My car does not have that code even though I have a camera.

Regarding tethering the phone data to the car, after checking again it seems the answer is not possible to do simply. here is the link to the thread.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ccess-2862183/
I am in USA, but if you have the camera I think it should work. I don't have driver assistance package either, just the basic pre-sense that is default.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just wondering if anyone has managed to code boost gauge into dash on b9

Old 12-16-2017, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the Kufatec dongle a few days ago... plugged it in this morning and bam- I have traffic sign recognition! Huge thanks to whoever took the first dive with this... it couldn't be easier. I'm also a bit annoyed that this functionality was in my car (2018 Q5) from the factory, but simply disabled via software. That's super lame, especially for a safety feature.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDRAG97
ohhh. I what do we get ? Or what can we do? With external sim?

anyone know now what would be the used of external sim ? Is ther le anything on the MMI that would be useful with he MMI

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks