A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Old 07-13-2016, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by api_guy
Thanks. What kind of investment in hardware/software is required to implement these types of tweaks?
VCDS is the only tool I would recommend at this time but they are not ready yet with a product that fully supports the B9. Check out ross-tech.com for updates and prices.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by api_guy
Thanks. What kind of investment in hardware/software is required to implement these types of tweaks?
Ross-Tech Store: VCDS License with HEX-NET (WiFi/USB) 10 VINs (All VAG)
Old 07-13-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you know when 16.7+ beta is being released?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you guys go with enabling different colours for the cabin lighting for those countries that don't have colour selection available?

In Australia we only have white and there's no options in the default MMI to change.

Any luck?
Old 07-16-2016, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Azz123
How did you guys go with enabling different colours for the cabin lighting for those countries that don't have colour selection available?

In Australia we only have white and there's no options in the default MMI to change.

Any luck?
Interior lighting plus uses different hardware, so the multi-color option cant be enabled via coding only.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just picked up an OBDEleven dongle and the pro Android app which allows long coding and menu based adaptions. Not had a chance to have a proper play yet, but there's a bunch of stuff on there!

P
Old 08-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MoDaCo
I just picked up an OBDEleven dongle and the pro Android app which allows long coding and menu based adaptions. Not had a chance to have a proper play yet, but there's a bunch of stuff on there!

P
Do let us know what you find, there's not much in the way out there of tweaks yet.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ODBEleven recently got an update to access module 46 which is where a lot of stuff is stored. It can also remove VIM (Video In Motion) on the Q7 4M but doesnt tell you how but the same might therefore apply to a 2017 A4.

Irrespective, this is where I'm keeping all the coding I'm uncovering and publishing on the 2016/2017 Q7. Bearing in mind the 2017 A4 is based on the same MLBEvo platform as the new Q7 you may find some of the coding I've published will work on the 2017 A4.

Link
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Interior lighting plus uses different hardware, so the multi-color option cant be enabled via coding only.
I'd love to investigate this further to see what happens when the extended ambient lighting is enabled via coding without the hardware installed. There's a bunch of different LED modules for the ambient lighting, but not much info about them: Audi A4/Avant (2016 - 2017) - illumination in vehicle interior. > VAG ETKA Online > Nemiga.com

I don't know if it makes any difference, but it seems that all of the different LED modules for the ambient lighting appear to have the same price per part. I would have thought that the RGB (or likely RGBW) modules would be a more costly part. For example, there are multiple LED module parts for the door strips, but they all seem to have the same price per part. Unfortunately the part numbers give no clues as to any differences between each individual part.

It does make me wonder whether it really is different hardware for the extended ambient lighting... I would have thought that adding a whole new set of parts would just me more costly in terms of manufacturing when software can just do exactly the same trick. It of course also opens up the opportunity for Audi to sell that upgrade as an option after delivery too. I'd certainly pay £££ for it right now having bought my A4 from stock rather than a factory order.

I might even attempt to take a closer look at the footwell lights to see if they have any RGB or RGBW LED Components inside them.

Interestingly since I have Side Assist installed on my A4, I actually do have the LEDs in the strips above the internal door handles, they're present on all 4 doors. They're supposed to flash if the occupant tries to open the door when a car or cyclist is approaching from behind. They also illuminate in a really striking red colour when I start the ignition and when locking the car.

If you have Side Assist installed, you can see them illuminating when you adjust the brightness setting in the 'Side Assist' menu under 'Car' then 'Driver assistance' in the MMI.

It would be so cool to have those red strips illuminated at the same time as the rest of the ambient lighting in the doors, centre console and cup holders etc. I wonder if any kind of coding tweak can do that?

Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeAllenPro
I'd love to investigate this further to see what happens when the extended ambient lighting is enabled via coding without the hardware installed. There's a bunch of different LED modules for the ambient lighting, but not much info about them: Audi A4/Avant (2016 - 2017) - illumination in vehicle interior. > VAG ETKA Online > Nemiga.com

I don't know if it makes any difference, but it seems that all of the different LED modules for the ambient lighting appear to have the same price per part. I would have thought that the RGB (or likely RGBW) modules would be a more costly part. For example, there are multiple LED module parts for the door strips, but they all seem to have the same price per part. Unfortunately the part numbers give no clues as to any differences between each individual part.

It does make me wonder whether it really is different hardware for the extended ambient lighting... I would have thought that adding a whole new set of parts would just me more costly in terms of manufacturing when software can just do exactly the same trick. It of course also opens up the opportunity for Audi to sell that upgrade as an option after delivery too. I'd certainly pay £££ for it right now having bought my A4 from stock rather than a factory order.

I might even attempt to take a closer look at the footwell lights to see if they have any RGB or RGBW LED Components inside them.

Interestingly since I have Side Assist installed on my A4, I actually do have the LEDs in the strips above the internal door handles, they're present on all 4 doors. They're supposed to flash if the occupant tries to open the door when a car or cyclist is approaching from behind. They also illuminate in a really striking red colour when I start the ignition and when locking the car.

If you have Side Assist installed, you can see them illuminating when you adjust the brightness setting in the 'Side Assist' menu under 'Car' then 'Driver assistance' in the MMI.

It would be so cool to have those red strips illuminated at the same time as the rest of the ambient lighting in the doors, centre console and cup holders etc. I wonder if any kind of coding tweak can do that?

It's been confirmed in my parts number vs a prestige. Some Q7 owners have activated and they get the menu for it but it stays white. The red led will stay red too. It's unfortunate. But I'm that same parts list I found out that all the A4s have the same camera for camera based functions. So high beam assist and traffic recognition and with some tweaking, lane assist should be achievable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks