A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone figure out how to code such that you start in 'S' mode, or start in whatever mode the car was in at shutdown? This was what I used in my Q5 and A4 (both facelift) - hoping to find similar coding.

Start in ADS mode
(09 - Cent. Elect.) (Security Access - 10) (Adaptation 10)
Channel 64 - Stored Value = 218 = Starting mode is always D

Optional values with what they do; more control is always good!
Channel 64 - New Value = 00; Starting mode is determined by ADS selection at engine shutdown (Comfort and Auto=D, Dynamic=S, Individual=whatever you pick)
Channel 64 - New Value = 03; Starting mode is always S regardless of ADS selection at engine shutdown (opposite of stock)
Channel 64 - New Value = 11; Starting mode is S with all ADS settings at shutdown except Comfort where it's D
Channel 64 - New Value = 19; Starting mode is S with all ADS settings at shutdown except Auto where it's D
Old 02-05-2019, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

No, it's often requested and appears to be impossible.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Can anyone confirm the DRL ramping works on the B9 A4? The only video I've found on this matter is
. This coding doesn't seem to do anything on my '19 A4; from the factory it does dim when the signal turns off but not when it turns on.

Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals

Description: Instead of instant on/off for daytime running lights, they dim down/up when turn signals turned on.
  • Central Electrics (09)
  • Long Coding
  • drl_at_indication_config
  • Change default Value: full_available to: dimming_to_sl
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ah_kiat
Hi guys,

Any idea how to activate the red trajectory guidelines on the right visual display ?

Recently retrofitted PLA (previously only come stock with rear sensors) at a local workshop but they are unable to get the red guidelines out. Wonder it can be done via coding ?

Hi can you share how you install the reversed camera inc coding ???
Old 02-11-2019, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Boost gauge display

No luck enabling the VC boost gauge like S4 shows? It seems to be independent from Sport display because it’s shows in different views in the VC
Old 03-12-2019, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Frankford, Ontario, Canada. 08 R8TT, 08 A5, 90 TT 300ZX, Ducati TT2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to adjust the volume of the warning tones?
Old 03-14-2019, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
On the topic of using an external SIM card for data, there is an adaptation channel in 5F called "Internal SIM card; use" with the default setting of "always". Changing this to "automatic" extends the Data Connection Settings menu and allows entering an APN, username and password. The MIB2 detected the required APN automatically based on the SIM card inserted just like older MMI head units.
Attachment 73599

After restarting the MMI:
Attachment 73600
Attachment 73601

A speedtest confirms different ISPs depending on the SIM card used. With the eSIM provided by Audi:
Attachment 73602

With my t-mobile SIM:
Attachment 73603

And with a Verizon SIM:
Attachment 73604

I don't think Verizon would support 3G since the LTE module in the MIB2 is likely not supporting the required channels but t-mobile should work on 3G also. I should be able to test both on the next road trip through a more rural area downstate.

The switch to the eSIM is easy, just remove the external SIM and wait a few seconds. Switching to the external SIM requires a restart off the MIB2 after inserting the external SIM (didn't try to just wait longer, it may switch automatically eventually).

Google Earth, Traffic and WiFi hotspot where all working with the t-mobile SIM (3 bars):
Attachment 73605
with the eSIM active, 5 bars (I did not wait for traffic to come online when taking this picture but it appeared a few seconds later):
Attachment 73606

While this will allow using a personal SIM for WiFi clients, it will (likely) not avoid the need to subscribe to Audi Connect for Google Earth, Search, Traffic and the other services. Also, I don't think that the MIB2 will route Audi Connect traffic though the eSIM and WiFi client traffic through the external SIM, I think it's either or and with an external SIM all Audi Connect traffic will go against the personal data plan.

Sorry for the late post. I​​​​​ Recently tried this on my 2017 Q7 and the menu does not expand after changing the adaption though OBD11. Sorry I'm a novice at this. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-14-2019, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all,

Is there a way to activate/code used cruise control?

audidave69 said it is doable, sold me the part. However I asked many people whose job is such retrofits and they said it is not possible without the code and code is come with new part only.

https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/a...eischalten.php
here it says possible but there is no details.

So, any help will be beneficial.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by karsavuran
Hi all,

Is there a way to activate/code used cruise control?

audidave69 said it is doable, sold me the part. However I asked many people whose job is such retrofits and they said it is not possible without the code and code is come with new part only.

https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/a...eischalten.php
here it says possible but there is no details.

So, any help will be beneficial.
Finally I found someone and he coded it.
However he could not code "always engage parking brake". He said coded the lap timer but it still does not work.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone figure out how to enable Video in Motion doing long coding?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks