A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Well, the right tools make things easier. Even the newest VCDS 16.5[RC] with HEX-NET did not allow me to enable ACC default distance in the MMI. Got my VCP tool today and after a little surprise, it allowed me to make the change without any security code. Now it's time to figure out where the coding/adaptation for al the segments in the front/rear lights are.
My dealer got the ACC Standard Setting menu enabled for me, but it took three trips to the dealer and two consults by them with the regional engineer. You should be working for Audi! :-)

For us newbies, could you explain what a VCP tool is?

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Nice, what about the interior lighting, will that be under the same module? I would love to be able to activate the ambient plus with the Premium Plus.
This is what I'm after, as well. It's looking better and better all the time; great work, AudiA4B6US!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, the right tools make things easier. Even the newest VCDS 16.5[RC] with HEX-NET did not allow me to enable ACC default distance in the MMI. Got my VCP tool today and after a little surprise, it allowed me to make the change without any security code. Now it's time to figure out where the coding/adaptation for al the segments in the front/rear lights are.

Can the VCP do all the things the VCDS can?
Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by otteporihs
Can the VCP do all the things the VCDS can?
Hardware wise sure, they can both put signals on to the CAN bus just fine. The difference is going to be in the software. I dont have experience with either one (yet) though so i cant answer on which has better software support.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

VCP is much more dangerous because it does things that you cannot see how it does it, incl. flashing firmware and using logins that are not visible. Changes made with VCP may not be reversible to resolve issues introduced by the change. At the same time it's way more powerful, although I have just touch the surface of the tool and it's possibilities.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Nice, what about the interior lighting, will that be under the same module? I would love to be able to activate the ambient plus with the Premium Plus.
On the interior lighting topic I would first find out if different hardware is installed, access to ERWIN or a friendly dealer would be useful for that. If the same hardware is installed then different coding may allow to enable the advanced lighting options.

Last edited by DirkM; 05-12-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickObe
My dealer got the ACC Standard Setting menu enabled for me, but it took three trips to the dealer and two consults by them with the regional engineer. You should be working for Audi! :-)

For us newbies, could you explain what a VCP tool is?

Thanks!
VCP is pretty much the same as VCDS, different vendor, different hardware, same concept. VCDS with HEX-NET was prompting me for a security access code to make the required adaption change, VCP didn't and allowed me to change and safe the new value just like VCDS did in older cars. Not knowing the engineering details of both products I suppose it's either a timing issue or a software/firmware issue that prevents VCDS from working properly at this time. But I'm sure that the Ross tech guys will figure this out sooner or later.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There is a coding for the color but I still think it's more than that. Might be worth a try though, any Premium Plus volunteers?

Name:  multicolor_zpszppqvq2h.png
Views: 23961
Size:  16.0 KB

There is also a setting that disables the yellow side marker LED in the front

Name:  front%20sidemarker_zpsye1cfxpw.png
Views: 24446
Size:  16.9 KB
Old 05-12-2016, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd love to be your tester, is this with VCDS or VCP, I was going to order Hex-Net today but this looks like not VCDS. I have an idea if your up to cross reference. We could pop out the footwell light to see if it is the same part number, seems like the easiness and least intensive way to check the lights.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There is a coding for the color but I still think it's more than that. Might be worth a try though, any Premium Plus volunteers?
Man, if you were in town, I'd drive over tonight to test it!

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks