A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuplur
Did I miss something?! Did you figure out how to code it or is it already active with Audi connect and doesn't require driver assistance package?
I checked the Audi connect in my car. It has this same dialogue box. Idk whether it works in Chicago though.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
no it just means the feature is active now, but I could drive 5 hours south to Vegas and test it
Did you ever find out how to activate the reminder that goes off when you leave your phone connected to CarPlay and shut the car off. My allroad has it but my A4 doesn't. The A4 doesn't have nav.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Here you go, I bolded the Vehicle Config options.
Thanks for the adaptation! I made an adaptation mapping file from my Canadian spec B9 and noted some differences. Currently, I have Google Earth working via phone's hotspot. All other online services won't work though (probably cause I don't have Audi connect account). I see there's a difference in TMC (Traffic between the Cdn and the US cars). I will change that and see if it does anything on my end.

Edit: just tried the TMC code from US, I can see the following option but nothing shows up.

Last edited by ekyp; 12-09-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy ****
I saw your file ~and it was wonderful
I am in Canada too. If I want to open google map, I just need to follow your file and active the setting as you do?
Another question is do you have a chance to use the sim card slot in the car?
Ya, it should work with that coding. that was what I did following johannes instruction. I just packaged it into a pdf. I have not tried the sim slot, since tbh, I find using my phone's hotspot the better way.

I used tasker on my phone so it would automatically turn on hotspot when my phone is connected to the mmi and turn off hotspot once I leave my car. It's working great so far.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ekyp
I made an adaptation mapping file from my Canadian spec B9 and noted some differences. Currently, I have Google Earth working via phone's hotspot. All other online services won't work though (probably cause I don't have Audi connect account).
Interesting that you have Google Earth working via the phone's hotspot without an Audi Connect account. I'd like to know if this includes either Google point of interest search and/or traffic display on the map. These are the only two things that I miss from my Audi Connect trial.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2016, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Ok, finally got my OBDeleven, guess its time to scour this thread a bit more carefully. That being said, I find it terribly slow compared to my VAGCOM. It takes forever to connect and sometimes even crashes on me.

My goal is to figure out the LED headlight wink shut off.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

So it seems like someones car was flagged for changing the settings... I guess that would void my warranty?

Maybe I shouldn't do this.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
So it seems like someones car was flagged for changing the settings... I guess that would void my warranty?

Maybe I shouldn't do this.
This is the great dilemma. I have seen cars get flagged for VAG mods in the past, but it is extremely rare. Anytime you do anything outside of factory specs(with any product) you run the risk of ruining it or voiding warranty.

I have always been into hacking my phones and running different ROM's and Kernels and such. Thats also a scenario where you run the risk of bricking your phone or voiding warranty.

Only you can determine if you want to proceed with the mods you want to do. If you are comfortable with your technical abilities to move forward and not mess anything up then why not. If you feel your dealership is vindictive in finding anything worthy of voiding warranties then thats a different situation.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

There's a difference between hacking a $50 dollar phone and a $50,000 car.

I'm huge into phone stuff but when I saw that people actually tweak the brains of their cars I was like... um... ok... have fun.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by munsabin
There's a difference between hacking a $50 dollar phone and a $50,000 car.

I'm huge into phone stuff but when I saw that people actually tweak the brains of their cars I was like... um... ok... have fun.
Thanks, we will!

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks