A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm sorry for mentioning it in the first place, please lets all get along.

Come up here to Canada, and I'll treat you all to some Canadian beer
Old 12-10-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Speaking of coding, if anyone is interested. You can go right to a users profile, then click on the drop down in "user lists" and select ignore user. Wonderful coding option right there.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg

Now that is a great idea.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

thats one thing we can all agree on
Old 12-10-2016, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I've got to give it to mitchfin and the others who have added their wisdom here. I wouldn't dare be a first response kinda guy since I'm paranoid when it comes to trying new stuff that may screw up my car. But that being said, the amount of work these guys have done is commendable. Because of people like Mitchfin, we are able to activate so many things that VAG have deactivated just because they want to make some money by making it part of a "package". So basically, we are saving some money this way.
I have activated quite a few features and my favorite one was the high beam assist since it is so useful and works like how it does in a fully loaded A7, for example (I'll be activating the lane assist once winter is over). It is extra points for the A4 now since people see that my A4 is more technologically advanced than my significantly more expensive A7.
To those who are wary about coding. I know now you feel. I used to be in that boat. But bricking a car is not as easy as bricking a phone. Honestly. I'm one of the biggest chickens around when it comes to DIY on cars (I know it doesn't put me in a nice light but...) but people like Mitchfin and HyperS4 have made things so much easy for us with their respective threads, it is like child's play. Just follow their instructions and don't worry too much. Things can go wrong without doing these too.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I've got to give it to mitchfin and the others who have added their wisdom here. I wouldn't dare be a first response kinda guy since I'm paranoid when it comes to trying new stuff that may screw up my car. But that being said, the amount of work these guys have done is commendable. Because of people like Mitchfin, we are able to activate so many things that VAG have deactivated just because they want to make some money by making it part of a "package". So basically, we are saving some money this way.
I have activated quite a few features and my favorite one was the high beam assist since it is so useful and works like how it does in a fully loaded A7, for example (I'll be activating the lane assist once winter is over). It is extra points for the A4 now since people see that my A4 is more technologically advanced than my significantly more expensive A7.
To those who are wary about coding. I know now you feel. I used to be in that boat. But bricking a car is not as easy as bricking a phone. Honestly. I'm one of the biggest chickens around when it comes to DIY on cars (I know it doesn't put me in a nice light but...) but people like Mitchfin and HyperS4 have made things so much easy for us with their respective threads, it is like child's play. Just follow their instructions and don't worry too much. Things can go wrong without doing these too.
awe thanks. It makes it worth it when people are actually appreciative and aware of it, thanks Vipin (Joe?), you've been a great forum member!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
awe thanks. It makes it worth it when people are actually appreciative and aware of it, thanks Vipin (Joe?), you've been a great forum member!
Thank YOU. And Joseph it is.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Thank YOU. And Joseph it is.
Haha, hey Joseph. My names Joseph too.

I also saw your profile, and you're a doctor! I'm also a doctor...er, resident.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Haha, hey Joseph. My names Joseph too.

I also saw your profile, and you're a doctor! I'm also a doctor...er, resident.
A resident is a doctor as far as I'm concerned. Good to see another Dr. Joseph around
Old 12-14-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I was just going through the list of items under long coding in CM 17. I saw a few interesting options like Tire Pressure monitoring display (default - No) and internal noise sound actuator (default - No). I was wondering whether setting TPMS display to us would display the tire pressures on the VC since our cars already have TPMS. Also, is internal noise sound actuator the soundaktor? If we enable it, would it simulate the engine noise inside the cabin? Curious but scared to play around with untried stuff.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks