A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
How did you disabled the side marker? I enabled the rear drl thru the obd app, but find the side marker on all the time bothersome.
I did it a while back and forgot where I found it online. But I remember the coding for amber side marker is the same as the B8.5. give this a try and see if this works.

[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 10
Bit 3 - Set to 0 to disable amber side markers (U.S. vehicles)

​​​​​​
Old 03-08-2017, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow Addict
Hi All,
Has anyone looked into how to activate the visual aid for the parking sensors? I only currently have the Beeps.
Cheers all
Same problem here.
I tryied to enter the MODULE 76- Parking Aid to activate it, but without sucess. I think our car doesn't have this module.
Tryied to activate the visual parking aid, on the central eletric module, but, again, nothing happened.
I'm using obdeleven.

Can someone help us?
Old 03-08-2017, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pauluu
Same problem here.
I tryied to enter the MODULE 76- Parking Aid to activate it, but without sucess. I think our car doesn't have this module.
Tryied to activate the visual parking aid, on the central eletric module, but, again, nothing happened.
I'm using obdeleven.

Can someone help us?
Where are you located? In NA, all cars come with the visual indicator.

In VWs, you need to change the module to get a visual indicator for cars that come only with the beep. It might be the same for Audi too.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ekyp
I did it a while back and forgot where I found it online. But I remember the coding for amber side marker is the same as the B8.5. give this a try and see if this works.

[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 10
Bit 3 - Set to 0 to disable amber side markers (U.S. vehicles)

​​​​​​
Tried this one with no luck, but went ahead and found how to do it without long coding.

Central Electric 09
Coding
sidemarker_via_lcm
From ACTIVE change to NOT_ACTIVE

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24934141
Old 03-09-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried this one with no luck, but went ahead and found how to do it without long coding.

Central Electric 09
Coding
sidemarker_via_lcm
From ACTIVE change to NOT_ACTIVE

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24934141
Great to know this is possible salvadorsantana - does anyone know if there is anyway to do this through OBDeleven? I'm not a programmer so I only have and use the OBDeleven app.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiD
Great to know this is possible salvadorsantana - does anyone know if there is anyway to do this through OBDeleven? I'm not a programmer so I only have and use the OBDeleven app.
This is thru OBDeleven AudiD.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone local to the So Cal area have VCP (vag can pro)
Old 03-09-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Where are you located? In NA, all cars come with the visual indicator.

In VWs, you need to change the module to get a visual indicator for cars that come only with the beep. It might be the same for Audi too.
I'm im Brazil.
The visual indicator only comes on a higher trim level, with reversing camera (not my case).
When I used, for the first time, the obdeleven, the 76- Parking Aid module was not there. I enable it, but coudn't enter (problaby because the hardware was not installed).

On the module 5f- control unit, on adaptation, there was an option called "OPS_DIsplay_in_dash_board_display_unit". I changed it to "active", but nothing happened.

On the UK, there is a Option, called "Parking System Plus" as a £395 extra on all models, that enable the visual parking aid (i think they put it as standard on 17/17 models).

A friend told me that the new A3, on the basic trim, has the same issue. Only beeps.

On time, my car doesn't have parking sensor on the front.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pauluu
I'm im Brazil.
The visual indicator only comes on a higher trim level, with reversing camera (not my case).
When I used, for the first time, the obdeleven, the 76- Parking Aid module was not there. I enable it, but coudn't enter (problaby because the hardware was not installed).

On the module 5f- control unit, on adaptation, there was an option called "OPS_DIsplay_in_dash_board_display_unit". I changed it to "active", but nothing happened.

On the UK, there is a Option, called "Parking System Plus" as a £395 extra on all models, that enable the visual parking aid (i think they put it as standard on 17/17 models).

A friend told me that the new A3, on the basic trim, has the same issue. Only beeps.

On time, my car doesn't have parking sensor on the front.
So yes. I'm guessing the modules are missing which is why you can't access it and code it. My friends buy modules from Russia for their VWs since India gets watered down cars too. The retrofit it as a DIY and then activate stuff that European or American cars have.

Last edited by VipinLJ; 03-12-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is thru OBDeleven AudiD.
Thanks Salvador I'd be lost without this forum. I'm still getting up to speed with the OBDeleven app and I'm not finding the "*Central Electric 09" menu or option in the app to get started.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks