A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06jerry
The needle sweep occurs when the ignition is turned on. FWIW, on VC its very fast and not very smooth, probably looks better on the analogue dials.
I have analogue dials and its very smooth. I never really got the point of it on the VC. It works as a bit of a calibration tool on analogue dials.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by James Cole

- Start/Stop Disabled (not only when AC is on)
The coding I sent you should disable the start/stop with AC on or off (at least it does on my A4)

- Air Conditioning/Module 08 > Adaptation > A/C comfort param for start/stop function Old value: 5, New value: 0
Old 07-23-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The coding I sent you should disable the start/stop with AC on or off (at least it does on my A4)

- Air Conditioning/Module 08 > Adaptation > A/C comfort param for start/stop function Old value: 5, New value: 0
thanks Jerry but it only works for me when AC is on...
Old 07-23-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

thanks Jerry but it only works for me when AC is on...
Really? I just checked mine again this morning and it definitely disables start/stop with AC off (and on). I wonder why the difference, whether it's your car's newer firmware or that I'm using Obdeleven and you're using VCDS? FWIW, there's also an Obdeleven app to deactivate start/stop although that's not what I used, but instead I used the coding the guys with new Q7's posted.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:21 AM
vgt
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blassus
I have analogue dials and its very smooth. I never really got the point of it on the VC. It works as a bit of a calibration tool on analogue dials.
It's not calibrating, it just looks cool.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really? I just checked mine again this morning and it definitely disables start/stop with AC off (and on). I wonder why the difference, whether it's your car's newer firmware or that I'm using Obdeleven and you're using VCDS? FWIW, there's also an Obdeleven app to deactivate start/stop although that's not what I used, but instead I used the coding the guys with new Q7's posted.
yep, checked again and start/stop is enabled with AC off...
Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Guys I was able to code the sport gauges (power & g-force) but they are just static, any way to make them work?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

When I tested this (in my Q7), with the HVAC in OFF mode, the engine would stop then immediately restart.

I probably depends on where all the other parameters that it monitors are at that moment. For example, if your battery is being recharged, then start/stop will not activate.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
When I tested this (in my Q7), with the HVAC in OFF mode, the engine would stop then immediately restart.

I probably depends on where all the other parameters that it monitors are at that moment. For example, if your battery is being recharged, then start/stop will not activate.
Yes the start/stop system may not always work depending on many variables... on the mqb platform we were able to lower the treshold of the charging system voltage so that start/stop will always be disabled...
Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Guys I was able to code the sport gauges (power & g-force) but they are just static, any way to make them work?
Did the same thing in my S5. Must be missing a sensor that only the RS versions have

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks