A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 discount

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by billku
The loyalty rebate is transferable amongst family? Can you explain how that works?
It is. There's no hidden clause. The dealership says as long as it's a father, mother, daughter or son, it works.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
It is. There's no hidden clause. The dealership says as long as it's a father, mother, daughter or son, it works.
Hmm, not brother or sister, huh?
Old 12-20-2016, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by billku
Hmm, not brother or sister, huh?
That I'm not sure. I didn't ask that. But I don't think it's transferable amongst siblings. But I could be wrong.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't think Canada and the US works the same when it comes to discounts. In Canada, anything above 8% off at Audi means the dealership is paying to get you to purchase the car (given, yeah they may have some cash coming back from Audi). 8% off is cost for an Audi, in the 3 Toronto dealerships I went to anyways.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by munsabin
I don't think Canada and the US works the same when it comes to discounts. In Canada, anything above 8% off at Audi means the dealership is paying to get you to purchase the car (given, yeah they may have some cash coming back from Audi). 8% off is cost for an Audi, in the 3 Toronto dealerships I went to anyways.
oh boy.

dealers probably pay around 25% to 30% off of "MSRP" whatever "MSRP" means (it means NOTHING).

think about it - how could anyone run a business for a profit when they pay 8% off MSRP for all of their stock, but it takes about 10% off MSRP to keep their operations running (overhead)?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you guys just ask the salesperson for a discount? What are your tips and pointers to get them to give you a discount?

I jokingly asked a shows room salesperson about a discount and they replied that these luxury cars won't typically get discounts. BS!
Old 12-21-2016, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
Do you guys just ask the salesperson for a discount? What are your tips and pointers to get them to give you a discount?

I jokingly asked a shows room salesperson about a discount and they replied that these luxury cars won't typically get discounts. BS!
Yup. Ask them for a discount. Take quotes from one dealer to another dealer. Tell them you want X% off the price for you to think it is a good deal. Low ball them. Don't be embarrassed. Be ready to walk out. They'll probably call you back, like they did for me. Tell them you're not fixed on an Audi and that your options are open (tell them you are looking at BMW, Jag etc).
What I did was price shopping. I went to a popular dealer in IL. Got a quote from them for an A7 (it was a very good quote). But I didn't get a car with the packages I wanted. I then took this quote to a local dealer with an A7 with the packages I wanted. They gave me a quote which wasn't anywhere close to what the others offered. I told them I don't want the car and walked out and said I'll be going with the other dealer. Next day, they called me and said the GM said they'll beat the quote I got from the other dealer. I went back and walked out with my new A7.
It's your hard earned money. Even if it is a 100$, no harm in you keeping it rather than letting the dealer have it.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

a4's only or other models too?
Old 02-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by edward96gts
a4's only or other models too?
This is any Audi - not limited to A4.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zainag
This is any Audi - not limited to A4.
is the Audi loyalty being offered right now? It was there all of last year but don't see it this year. Anyone here who bought the car in 2017 ?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 discount