A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 Quattro - Transmission rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A4 Quattro - Transmission rattle

Hi everyone

Was looking into purchasing an A4 and came across this odd sound. Hoisted it up and it appears to be coming the bottom of the transmission. Car has 60k km.

https://youtu.be/mQkm_PS3nLU

The seller took it to the dealer (since it is under warranty) and dealer says it's the oil pump that is failing on transmission. They will replace the pump and fluid. My concern is that it might be the DMF. This sound is there at idle, in park or drive. Notice in the video there could be slight oil leak where the driveshaft exits tranny?

If it is indeed the pump, is there any concern with proceeding to purchase the car with respect to long term tranny effects? Didn't have any error codes.

I have never owned an Audi before, hoping this could be the first time!

Thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2019, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waq_Man22
Hi everyone

Was looking into purchasing an A4 and came across this odd sound. Hoisted it up and it appears to be coming the bottom of the transmission. Car has 60k km.

https://youtu.be/mQkm_PS3nLU

The seller took it to the dealer (since it is under warranty) and dealer says it's the oil pump that is failing on transmission. They will replace the pump and fluid. My concern is that it might be the DMF. This sound is there at idle, in park or drive. Notice in the video there could be slight oil leak where the driveshaft exits tranny?

If it is indeed the pump, is there any concern with proceeding to purchase the car with respect to long term tranny effects? Didn't have any error codes.

I have never owned an Audi before, hoping this could be the first time!

Thanks in advance

Apologize for bumping, but that sound was confirmed to be oil pump in transmission. Attached is the work order.... Still not sure if it affected the transmission in any long term fashion. Not sure to go for it or not as well!