A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 Audi A4 Driver Side Rear Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Audi A4 Driver Side Rear Window Issue

I can't seem to replicate it and it's really bothering me. The rear window on the driver's side just rolls down by itself, about 2 to 3 inhes - can't replicate it all the time but it's happened at least 4 - 5 times. It seems to happen randomly but only when I first start the car after it's been turned off for a bit. Anyone have similar issues? Thinking about taking it to the dealer but afraid they may say they couldn't replicate it.

Also, I just realized my brand new car had a bunch of micro abrasions that I couldn't tell in the evening - is this something you think the dealer would fix? Any recommendations would be great. Thank you.

Best,
Old 12-19-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Most "detailers" at dealerships cause more damage than they correct. You'd be much better off taking it to a professional detailer for a correction.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

No issues with my car. None with the windows.

And dealership detailers would be sketchy. I'd take my car to a professional retailer for paint correction/swirl mark removal.

Last edited by VipinLJ; 12-19-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me a few times... hasn't happened in weeks now but I was confused when it would happen. Never could figure out why/how.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Rear window rolls down by itself!

Yes! This is happening to me. 2017 A4. When the car has been turned off for a while and I turn it on the driver rear side window rolls down about 1/4 of the way down. I can't replicate it and it only happens randombly. Reached out to the dealership, they couldn't replicate the issue.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wonder if resetting the one-touch might help? I've had a few different VW/Audi window issues that were fixed by this.

Per p. 47 of the owner's manual:

Correcting power window malfunctions

You can reactivate the one-touch up/down function if it malfunctions.

- Pull the power window switch up until the window is completely raised.
- Release the switch and pull it up again for at least one second.

It's easy enough to try...
Old 06-15-2017, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I posted about this a few months ago:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...rting-2913476/

In six months of ownership, it's happened less than 10 times, mostly in the first couple months. I think it's happened only once in the last couple of months.

Not repeatable enough to make it worth a trip to the dealer...
Old 06-16-2017, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's happened twice to me in six months of ownership, both times in the morning when I started the car.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

same here..contacted dealer and also audi of canada, said i'll have to replicate issue in front of dealer before they can do anything ..............
Old 07-06-2017, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2017 Audi A4 driver side Rear window issue

Originally Posted by tomhilfiger
I can't seem to replicate it and it's really bothering me. The rear window on the driver's side just rolls down by itself, about 2 to 3 inhes - can't replicate it all the time but it's happened at least 4 - 5 times. It seems to happen randomly but only when I first start the car after it's been turned off for a bit. Anyone have similar issues? Thinking about taking it to the dealer but afraid they may say they couldn't replicate it.

Also, I just realized my brand new car had a bunch of micro abrasions that I couldn't tell in the evening - is this something you think the dealer would fix? Any recommendations would be great. Thank you.

Best,
I have the same issue. car is less than a week old and window went down on me 2 days ago. i mentioned it to the dealer and luckily fell upon an employee that has the same issue. he suggested reporting it so they can open up a file. doing that today

Quick Reply: 2017 Audi A4 Driver Side Rear Window Issue