A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2018/2019 map update

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

I just tried to download the maps and it works just fine. It's pretty bad though that Audi support did not do the same to confirm that the server side is working and that the issue is likely limited to on your computer.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for verifying that you can download maps. I have tried it on a Mac and Windows 10 computer with web java (most recent version) installed. Could you tell me what version of Java you have installed and if you have the web version or the full JDK installed?
Old 08-19-2018, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Dewey
Thank you so much for verifying that you can download maps. I have tried it on a Mac and Windows 10 computer with web java (most recent version) installed. Could you tell me what version of Java you have installed and if you have the web version or the full JDK installed?
Java 8u181 from www.java.com
Old 08-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the error I get: "Unable to launch the application"

Name: Audi Connect Download Client
Publisher: AUDI AG

Under details in the error box it says
"Unable to load resource: https://download04.audi.com/libraries/activation-1.1.jar"

Any help would be deeply appreciated
Old 08-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the error I get: "Unable to launch the application"

Name: Audi Connect Download Client
Publisher: AUDI AG

Under details in the error box it says
"Unable to load resource: https://download04.audi.com/libraries/activation-1.1.jar"

Any help would be deeply appreciated
Experiencing the same issue here. Anybody else?
Old 08-19-2018, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I would reinstall java. Then reset the file association for jnlp files. I can help you with that if you aren’t sure.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have installed and reinstalled Java several times, on three different computers (two Windows 10) and one Mac. I get the identical error message on all computers. The problem is not that the jnlp file is not associated with java or not being run, it is that the program crashes after the Java splash screen and the Audi download manager begins to execute. The error is that it can't find the resources it is expecting to find.

This "should" be a problem with the website being down, but if a couple of you are able to access it, this confuses me.

Perhaps this is a localization issue; I'm trying to download it from Texas, USA. Are there other Audi sites in other countries I should try? If so, how do I access them?
Old 08-19-2018, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have installed and reinstalled Java several times, on three different computers (two Windows 10) and one Mac. I get the identical error message on all computers. The problem is not that the jnlp file is not associated with java or not being run, it is that the program crashes after the Java splash screen and the Audi download manager begins to execute. The error is that it can't find the resources it is expecting to find.

This "should" be a problem with the website being down, but if a couple of you are able to access it, this confuses me.

Perhaps this is a localization issue; I'm trying to download it from Texas, USA. Are there other Audi sites in other countries I should try? If so, how do I access them?
Same issue here. I've tried 3 computers and same issue since Thursday.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on all that I have read, sounds like an AUDI Website issue and not your computers.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If you are using windows 10, it is possible that the file association is not directed to the right executable. That was the problem that I had. I followed a windows 10 page directed at that issue, to associate jnlp files with the correct executable in windows 10 and it worked for me. I just tried it again and it works great. Not saying that is your problem biut it could be. Problems with java and windows 10 are well known, but if you aren’t using windows 10, then who knows.

Quick Reply: 2018/2019 map update