A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2018 A4 US Order Guide

Old 04-07-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts
Default 2018 A4 US Order Guide

Black Optic is now available. Argus Brown, Tango Red, and Cuvee Silver are no longer available. Matador Red is now available. S-line and heated front seats are now standard. Side assist is part of premium plus and deleted from technology package. Driver Assistance is now part of Prestige. Ventilated Seats are now available on the Premium Plus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi+Order+Guide+2018+USA-A4.pdf (472.4 KB, 2918 views)
Old 04-07-2017, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

The only items I would like to have on my '17 is ventilated seats and the flat-bottom steering wheel that comes with the Black Optics Plus package. Not worth a trade though.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know when will we be able to order a 2018 A4? The 2018 order information is not yet posted on the AudiUSA website.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Good to know. I'm probably about 3 months away from ordering.

They still have Scuba Blue! whew!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That was quick! Or quicker than most past Audi model year info releases.

Still a dull list of colors in my opinion. None of them really stand out or are unique.

Interesting they made the S-Line trim standard only 12 months after the redesign. Usually the last model year is when it becomes standard, before they are about to do a redesign and trying to drum up sales. That kind of says no one was buying the base model, or it cost just as much to produce the S-Line as it did the base body. I've always thought they should just offer one front-end to keep production costs down.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Overall I think this is a much better bundling of trims and options. If this was you adg44, nice work.

A couple things:

- I'm disappointed that the Driver Assistance Package is now available solely on the Prestige trim. It won Autoblog's Top Technology Award last year. Audi technology - especially safety technology - should be available broadly across the range.

- The heated steering wheel and/or heated rear seats should be a standalone option. I would love a flat bottom wheel but still retain the rear seat heating. (That, or my lovely engineering colleagues can maybe figure out how to heat a flat bottom wheel like just about every other marque?)

- Piano black trim is absolutely stunning but swirls even just looking at it. Think long and hard about this option if you plan on specifying it.

- I really wish the Market Based Ordering strategy would go away. VW and Audi introduced this years ago. By very definition, luxury includes choice. This is perfectly acceptable for brands like VW, or even other commodity manufacturers like Hyundai and Toyota. For Audi, this is unacceptable. One size doesn't fit all. And while MB and BMW break up their models by motor displacement instead of trim levels, there still is a significant amount of customization available, including things like high-end sound, moonroofs, even the S-Line design package should be a choice.

- Why is wireless charging STILL unavailable? Audi Phone Box has been an option in Europe since launch.

- Where is parallel parking assistant? It blows my mind that we worked to develop this tech right here in America but it's not available! My $25K Golf TDI SEL with Driver Assistance Package has it. My $60K allroad didn't until I retrofitted it. BMW and MB offer it. Even Ford.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang. I really would have loved to get ventilated seats on my Premium Plus, which just finished production. Oh well, hind sight and all.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered mine yesterday. When do you think orders for the 2018 will start?
Old 04-08-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Overall I think this is a much better bundling of trims and options. If this was you adg44, nice work.

A couple things:

- I'm disappointed that the Driver Assistance Package is now available solely on the Prestige trim. It won Autoblog's Top Technology Award last year. Audi technology - especially safety technology - should be available broadly across the range.

- The heated steering wheel and/or heated rear seats should be a standalone option. I would love a flat bottom wheel but still retain the rear seat heating. (That, or my lovely engineering colleagues can maybe figure out how to heat a flat bottom wheel like just about every other marque?)

- Piano black trim is absolutely stunning but swirls even just looking at it. Think long and hard about this option if you plan on specifying it.

- I really wish the Market Based Ordering strategy would go away. VW and Audi introduced this years ago. By very definition, luxury includes choice. This is perfectly acceptable for brands like VW, or even other commodity manufacturers like Hyundai and Toyota. For Audi, this is unacceptable. One size doesn't fit all. And while MB and BMW break up their models by motor displacement instead of trim levels, there still is a significant amount of customization available, including things like high-end sound, moonroofs, even the S-Line design package should be a choice.

- Why is wireless charging STILL unavailable? Audi Phone Box has been an option in Europe since launch.

- Where is parallel parking assistant? It blows my mind that we worked to develop this tech right here in America but it's not available! My $25K Golf TDI SEL with Driver Assistance Package has it. My $60K allroad didn't until I retrofitted it. BMW and MB offer it. Even Ford.
I agree

- DAP in the MY17 was also available only in the Prestige trim.

- I keep wondering why it is so difficult to make a flat bottom, heated wheel. Seems silly to me.

- What you said about piano black trim is true. It is a swirl magnet. I have them on my VWs and you just need to drag some soft microfiber over it to make swirls appear.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I will be ordering in either June or July so most probably I will be ordering a 2018 by then.
So based on the Order Guide Divers Assistance Package will be standard on Prestige Package. What about the Warm Weather Package is it gone ? When will we see prices for each package ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 A4 US Order Guide