Notices
A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 map update seems out

Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by securityguy View Post
OK...just went out and the MMI does give the opportunity to install through USB. I put both the Mib1 and Mib2 folders onto the USB stick. However, it will not allow me to select the USB as it remains grayed out. Am I loading everything I need onto the USB or am I supposed to do something more before attempting an update? Shouldn't be any different for an SD card versus a USB.

Anyone whose done it have any insight please?

Thanks !
There should be two folders on your stick (I've never done it by the stick, always used SD, but it doesn't matter), and two files. It should have:
Files

023100C.md5
metainfo.txt (you don't really need this one, it just unzips with the package.

Folders

Mib1
Mib2

The md5 file, as I understand it, is the executable for the MMI.

As far as version, mine just says 2018 version now.

Last edited by gguy; 11-14-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! So I have the two folders and the md5 file and still nothing. It is not recognizing any available updates from the usb. Canít imagine that an SD card will make any difference.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by securityguy View Post
Thanks! So I have the two folders and the md5 file and still nothing. It is not recognizing any available updates from the usb. Canít imagine that an SD card will make any difference.
It may be. There was a thread on this for the last update and I ďthinkĒ that I remember something about that but Iím not sure. You may be able to find that thread.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I also remember something about the device having to be formatted with Fat32, but that may have been my Garmin rather than the Audi.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

The USB is formatted in FAT32 already. I ordered a 32GB HS SD card from Amazon. I'll try that but will use it for music regardless when I am done. I just can't imagine why the USB will not work as it shouldn't matter the media used to do the update since it gives you a choice in the MMI menu. Any additional thoughts/recommendations are welcome.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ropuff View Post
In case anyone is confused about where to check for and obtain Map updates, you should be logging in to https://my.audi.com (and choose local portal if it's offered). You may have to register with your VIN if not previously registered.

Then click on "Audi connect services" under the rendering of your vehicle, and scroll through the items until you see "Map update".

You won't find it at https://myaudiconnect.com
And BTW don't believe the stated download speeds. My Windows Task Manager is charting about 32Mbps (Mega bits/second), which would be about 8 MBps (Mega Bytes/second). The MyAudi Download Client is claiming 23 Mega Bytes/second.

If you are unable to obtain this update directly from Audi, send me a private message.

Last edited by Dan in St. Louis; 11-14-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VM View Post
I think it's probably the other way around, i.e. my Java (or something else) is too new. I'll go troubleshooting it later... *sigh*
Mine was doing the same thing, I down graded to Java 8 and it downloaded without problem.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:36 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by anfnj22 View Post
Mine was doing the same thing, I down graded to Java 8 and it downloaded without problem.
Mine decided to work today without me doing anything wrong. Maybe a server it was trying to connect to was unhappy yesterday.

I just finished downloading the map update now. It was strangely fast compared to the previous times...
Old 11-14-2017, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does Audi allow unlimited updates when downloading the maps from MyAudi? Or is there a fixed number of updates you can do for free? That's the only thing keeping me from jumping on this update.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think I read somewhere that you get 5 updates and they come out every 6 months. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Search this Thread