Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nope, still the MQB platform, as this photo shows:
Old 02-23-2019, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope I'm not throwing a shade, but isn't this basically a lifted A3 with new trim bits?
Old 02-23-2019, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tomatopotato
I hope I'm not throwing a shade, but isn't this basically a lifted A3 with new trim bits?
Kinda is yes. But then, if you look at it that way, the Q5 is basically a lifted A4 with a some different trim bits.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

The idea behind so many new vehicles having fake, or no exhausts tails are becuse the full exhausts systems are so easily damaged in rear end collisions. Removing the tails from the bumper area and tucking them underneath reduces damage and full replacement costs to exhausts in minor collisions. However... that said, so many consumers have voiced their displeasure from new designs that they’ll likely stay in high end models and make a comeback in lower end models
Old 02-25-2019, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Sorry, unlike everyone else here, I can't stand SUVs (or crossovers or whatever you want to call them). They block the view of car drivers, take up too much space, are too top heavy for any spirited driving, etc. About 90 percent of them never go off road, so why do you need the extra ground clearance? If you need the extra cargo capacity, why not buy a station wagon (Avant) instead? Because in America, bigger is "better." I'm not criticizing anyone's right to own an SUV, I'm just saying I'll never buy one. .
I agree with your "anti-SUV" points but would add that they are also less fuel efficient than sedans. That being said, I might consider a Q3 next time because for my aging body (77 now) they are easier to get in and out of. I really agree 100% with the comment regarding how they block forward vision. Ia m the type of driver who always looks many car lengths ahead so I am ready for anything that might be coming up and at times a Yukon or Escalade in front of me totally blocks what's going on - not very safe IMO.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Accessibility reasons aside they really are only estate cars on stilts and overpriced. Cannot understand anyone's, and the manufacturers, obsession with the tanks..
Old 02-28-2019, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA
Hard plastic is a given at this price point for an 'entry' level Audi....Can't compare to the A4 we drive.
When it comes to NA I don't think it will be first gen? It's already out in Europe and in Canada we are probably getting it as 2020MY
You will be very surprised with the interior, it is extremely high-end. Very little hard plastic on the inside.

The new Q3 is really, really good. Excellent design both inside and out.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44
You will be very surprised with the interior, it is extremely high-end. Very little hard plastic on the inside.

The new Q3 is really, really good. Excellent design both inside and out.
From the reviews I saw on YouTube, it looks like a winner for Audi so I don't doubt the quality - looks very clean and high end.

A user from Audi thread on Redflags (Canadian site) posted the price and options/features for the Canadian Q3:

019 Audi Q3 TFSI quattro product announcement

The new Audi Q3 is a design masterpiece with high quality fit and finish expected from the Audi brand. This exciting new vehicle will continue to be one of the top luxury compact SUVs. The Q3 is now equipped with quattro standard, improved performance, increased spaciousness and one of the largest cargo capacities in its class.

Product Highlights:

• Audi smartphone interface standard
• LED headlights and dynamic taillights standard
• Standard digital instrument cluster with optional Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus
• Adjustable rear bench
• Colour display including MMI touch
• S line exterior standard on Progressiv and Technik trim
• Lane Departure Warning standard on Progressiv and Technik trims
• Optional Wireless Apple CarPlay
• Optional Audi Phonebox with Qi wireless charging and signal boost
• Optional Adaptive cruise control, Audi pre-sense front, Predictive Pedestrian, High Beam Assist, and Audi park assist
• Optional S line Sport Package with progressive steering
• Optional Topview Camera

The new Audi Q3 will begin arriving at Canadian dealerships summer 2019.

Q3 45 TFSI quattro Komfort: $38,900

• ADDED Standard content: Updated Engine, Rearview Camera, Pre-sense basic, LED headlights and dynamic taillights, Audi smartphone interface, 2-zone climate control, Audi drive select, 10.25" Digital instrument cluster, and 8.8" colour display including MMI touch, 18" 5-twin-spoke design wheels
• NEW option: Convenience Package including Advanced Key and Front/Rear Parking Sensors
• NEW option: Audi Phonebox
• NEW wheel option: 18" 5-Y-spoke design wheels, partly polished

Q3 45 TFSI quattro Progressiv: $42,400

• ADDED Standard content: S line Exterior (bumpers and badging), HomeLink garage door opener, Advanced Key including sensor-controlled tailgate release, Rear cross traffic alert, Lane departure warning, Aluminum dimension dark inlays, Illuminated aluminum door sills with S line badge, 19" 5-spoke Dynamic design wheels
• NEW option: Navigation Package including Audi connect Navigation and Infotainment Services, 12.3" Audi virtual cockpit plus, 10.1" colour display including MMI touch
• NEW option: S line Sport Package including S line interior, Progressive steering, and 19" 20-spoke V design wheels in contrasting grey finish
• NEW option: Lime artefact natural wood inlay
• NEW option: Interior elements in Orange, Brown or Grey alcantara

Q3 45 TFSI quattro Technik: $45,900

• ADDED Standard content: MMI Navigation plus, Topview Camera, Rear USB port, Heated Steering Wheel, 12.3" Audi virtual cockpit plus, 10.1" colour display including MMI touch, Audi connect Navigation and Infotainment Services, Contour/ambient lighting package (multicoloured), Bang & Olufsen Premium 3D Sound System, Wireless Apple Carplay
• NEW option: Advanced Driver Assistance Package including Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Audi pre-sense front, High Beam Assist, and Park Assist
• NEW option: S line Sport Package including S line interior, Progressive steering, and 19" 20-spoke V design wheels in contrasting grey finish
• NEW option: Audi Connect Plus
• NEW option: Lime artefact natural wood inlay
• NEW option: Interior elements in Orange, Brown or Grey alcantara
• NEW wheel option: 20" 5-V-spoke star design wheels, matt titanium look
• NEW interior colours: Okapi Brown (ML), Black w/grey stitch (EI) and Rotor Grey w/anthracite stitch (OQ)
I'm looking at Technik only lol probably will wait for 2nd year model personally
In Canada we don't get Presense City...which is really a shame
Old 03-01-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4Driver
Sorry, unlike everyone else here, I can't stand SUVs (or crossovers or whatever you want to call them). They block the view of car drivers, take up too much space, are too top heavy for any spirited driving, etc. About 90 percent of them never go off road, so why do you need the extra ground clearance? If you need the extra cargo capacity, why not buy a station wagon (Avant) instead? Because in America, bigger is "better." I'm not criticizing anyone's right to own an SUV, I'm just saying I'll never buy one. .

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I agree with your "anti-SUV" points but would add that they are also less fuel efficient than sedans. That being said, I might consider a Q3 next time because for my aging body (77 now) they are easier to get in and out of. I really agree 100% with the comment regarding how they block forward vision. Ia m the type of driver who always looks many car lengths ahead so I am ready for anything that might be coming up and at times a Yukon or Escalade in front of me totally blocks what's going on - not very safe IMO.
I had a long response almost finished but clicked the wrong button and psssstt - it's gone.
So to make it short and sweet, here are my thoughts on your comments. I do basically agree with both of you, with some caveats.

My first Audi was a 2000 A3 - small but nice and then we had a child and along with that child comes a car seat and sometimes a stroller. The A3 proved way too small - and we only had one child. I remember the days when sedans had a bench seat in the front - not the bucket seats - so you were able to fit 6 people in the cars. Not today - 5 is the max. So, if you have 2 or more kids sedans just are not cutting it. As an aside, we all seem to have more "stuff" today; witness the decline of the briefcase and popularity of backpacks.

The Avants were out of our price range and frankly station wagons were few and far between and had that dowdy old man appearance. We did not look at Minivans for a number of reasons. I ended up traded in for the new Murano and appreciated the space, style and to my own aging (at that time) 63 y/o body appreciated the ease of entry and exist as well as greater ground clearance that the CUV's offered. Since then it was CUV's - not the larger SUV's - so I had the Lexus 350, 2 Q5's, Honda CRV and a 2016 Porshe Macan. Traded that one in for the new 2017 A4 and appreciated the nimbleness, tech better gas mileage, etc, but damn if that ease of entry thing wasn't bothering me and opted to traded that in for my 2017 Allroad. Even though the Allroad's ground clearance was only an inch or so more than the A4's, it made entry and exiting a little easier as well as better for the very slight semi off roading and more commonly - with the larger tires better able to deal with the ever present horrible potholes in the NYC/NJ area.

Most people do not do spirited driving in these SUV/CUV's though my 2018 Q5 gripped the road like only an Audi can and most Macan owners - as well as SQ5 owners would disagree with you, though of course they will never match the sedans for that.
I agree that SUV's especially when parked terribly occlude our vision in some of those instances and so I appreciate the view offered with the wide angle backup camera.