A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2020 Facelift Preview

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2020 Facelift Preview

New preview of the facelift/refresh... MMI screen is now 10.1 and touch screen using the new MMI system.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:59 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

So basically, the old climate control heat unit stays... rather than going full touchy like the A6/A7/A8...

Is this going to be in North America for MY2020 or 2021?
Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As with some other Audi designs, I think this one will take some getting used to, but with the end result looking pretty cool after all is said and done. That said, the front with the S bumpers really needs some getting used to. The other photos showing the A4 in more muted colors without the S bumpers do the car much better justice. As far as the interior goes, the screen has never looked more tacked-on and out of place.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 05-14-2019, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exterior looks sleek, but that infotainment screen...what were they thinking?

Missing the old MMI controls also make the center console looks a bit plain.

And the piano black plastic makes it even worse, I much prefer the matte brushed finish.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Being that I just purchased the 2019 two months ago now they want to updates, I'm kind of salty.

The front I would have to see in person to judge It, only thing I want is touchscreen MMI and the wireless apple car play.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:53 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeCaine
The exterior looks sleek, but that infotainment screen...what were they thinking?

Missing the old MMI controls also make the center console looks a bit plain.

And the piano black plastic makes it even worse, I much prefer the matte brushed finish.
Isn't there a big giant touchpad thing ahead of the shifter?

As for the piano black... I wonder what North American-spec cars will have. This could be some special S-Line something or other interiors for other markets.

I wonder if one of these is in my future... it seems kinda boring to replace my A4 with another A4 at the end of the lease, but I don't know what else I'd get since I definitely can't afford a 3.0T A6 and I'm not sure the rest of the market has changed such that the competition would make sense... I wonder if the Q5 will have this new interior stuff by MY2020...
Old 05-14-2019, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GE90man
As with some other Audi designs, I think this one will take some getting used to, but with the end result looking pretty cool after all is said and done. That said, the front with the S bumpers really needs some getting used to. The other photos showing the A4 in more muted colors without the S bumpers do the car much better justice. As far as the interior goes, the screen has never looked more tacked-on and out of place.
I agree. I only saw the reveal of the S4 at first and strongly dislike the bumper/grill/light combo. Total lack of "flow" between all of the features. The A4 looks a lot better in my opinion.

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
What the F are they thinking discontinuing the body line 4" into each door, and then picking it back up down between the door handles? That looks like ****.

Originally Posted by JoeCaine
The piano black plastic makes it even worse, I much prefer the matte brushed finish.
Completely agree. I love the matte finish on the current version. The finger prints, scratches, dust on the piano black would drive me nuts!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Just in time... was going to place a factory order for 2019 soon. Now I need to decide if I like the changes, and maybe extend the lease. From the first look new headlights are less appealing, and removal of rotary MMI is probably for worse... I wish Audi kept rotary and added a touchscreen like BMW does.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with the door lines. I thought it was weird shadowing when the video first started. Why would they remove it then just add it back in the rear?

Quick Reply: 2020 Facelift Preview