A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

400 AWTQ Set Up - Updates to come slowly

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 400 AWTQ Set Up - Updates to come slowly

Not seeing a lot of talk on here about heavy modifications, but there's 1 particular item on the horizon for me which is about to prompt heavy hand in new mods:

1. Come this Tuesday, June 4th 2019, we'll be doing a heavy Stage 2 flash on my 2017 6-speed quattro. Considering the potential output of around 400 lb-ft AWTQ, I'm worried about the clutch/pressure plate.
2. New clutch/pressure plate is going to be ordered from Audi since no one else makes a more capable part.
3. Through South Bend Clutch, we're modifying the OEM clutch/pressure plate to hold more power. Flywheel will stay stock and not be replaced by a new one.

I will keep posting updates as we make progress.
The following users liked this post:
Mikalandzelo (08-24-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to the updates! This forum could definitely use more modding activity. Do you have a list of things you've done so far before the stage 2 flash?
Old 05-30-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Excellent! Subscribing.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DexteRS
Looking forward to the updates! This forum could definitely use more modding activity. Do you have a list of things you've done so far before the stage 2 flash?
I fully agree, haven’t seen many posts outside of general usage questions/occasional OBD11 tweaks. I certainly do and there are quite a few.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm assuming the stage 2 flash is from 032 Motorsports? If so, will this be available for others? I'm excited to see the results.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am definitely going to follow. I scored a '18 A4 Ultra Sport 6MT, and want to earn that name with upgrades once the warranty is mostly up. I think this is the first stage 2 I have been on a B9 manual.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mkwan
I'm assuming the stage 2 flash is from 032 Motorsports? If so, will this be available for others? I'm excited to see the results.
Yup, and yes it will become available to the masses after we do some further testing/data logging, and they do some tweaking on their end to make it perfect.

My understanding is that in no time they will become available both S1 & S2 to the public, right after we put mine through the wringer at Laguna Seca. I’ll be posting updates/follow up on performance and potential issues found in this beta file as 034 finalizes and perfects the software.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wilme2
I am definitely going to follow. I scored a '18 A4 Ultra Sport 6MT, and want to earn that name with upgrades once the warranty is mostly up. I think this is the first stage 2 I have been on a B9 manual.
There may be one or two out there using Revo/Unitronic but I haven’t seen a public presence of many 6-speed cars. We should start setting you up with some drivetrain mounts/rear sway bar to improve your driving dynamics without worry of warranty exclusions
Old 06-03-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by misanorotrs4
Yup, and yes it will become available to the masses after we do some further testing/data logging, and they do some tweaking on their end to make it perfect.

My understanding is that in no time they will become available both S1 & S2 to the public, right after we put mine through the wringer at Laguna Seca. I’ll be posting updates/follow up on performance and potential issues found in this beta file as 034 finalizes and perfects the software.
Any word on Launch Control feature available on the manual transmission? No lift shifting? Crack and pop?
Old 06-03-2019, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mkwan
Any word on Launch Control feature available on the manual transmission? No lift shifting? Crack and pop?
We’re going to play with all that on Tuesday, we’re looking to fully customize the tune to a manual including a potential 2-step setup for launch control.

Quick Reply: 400 AWTQ Set Up - Updates to come slowly