AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   A4 B9 rear boot problem (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/a4-b9-rear-boot-problem-2970675/)

beisaikong 04-15-2019 07:35 PM

A4 B9 rear boot problem

hi

I cannot open my rear boot manually by pressing the button at the rear boot but I can open the boot with the button at the driver door and also with the remote car key.
A workshop checked and mention it is the rear boot button which is faulty.
Audi checked few weeks back as well and mention it is the actuator switch which is faulty but this workshop say it is not since the boot can be open by the remote car key.

Anyone have the same problem ? Can we buy this rear boot button part online ?

regards

VipinLJ 04-15-2019 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by beisaikong (Post 25303979)
hi

I cannot open my rear boot manually by pressing the button at the rear boot but I can open the boot with the button at the driver door and also with the remote car key.
A workshop checked and mention it is the rear boot button which is faulty.
Audi checked few weeks back as well and mention it is the actuator switch which is faulty but this workshop say it is not since the boot can be open by the remote car key.

Anyone have the same problem ? Can we buy this rear boot button part online ?

regards

Theres an option in the MMI to deactivate the boot lid button. See if that is check marked?

beisaikong 04-15-2019 08:11 PM

Let me check that later. if it is deactivated, it seems both audi and the workshop missed that.
My A4 is about 3 years 2 months, the boot lid manual open was working till my last servicing at audi in Dec 2018. I was assuming wear and tear of whatever parts.

this button is more than double the cost of the actuator switch.

thanks

Martin K. 01-07-2022 12:34 AM

and what was the reason i have the same problem?

GBrooksy 02-02-2023 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Martin K. (Post 25666947)
and what was the reason i have the same problem?

I've had the same problem for about 4-5 months. It was intermittent at first, some weeks it would work then nothing. Thought something was loose or stuck with the connectors but couldn't see anything obvious. Tried everyting including looking in the car settings in case something was changed or reset. The boot would open from drivers' door switch and also from both car fobs. Just wouldn't open manually from the boot lid button at the rear of the car.

Just had my usual service and mot and asked them to check it out. They confirmed that it was the 'Boot Micro Switch' the part is costly which came to £175 + labour, doesn't take long to fit though.

Hope this helps others searching for ideas.

minmet 02-02-2023 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by GBrooksy (Post 25786490)

Just had my usual service and mot and asked them to check it out. They confirmed that it was the 'Boot Micro Switch' the part is costly which came to £175 + labour, doesn't take long to fit though.

Hope this helps others searching for ideas.

I think it's the REAR KEYLESS ENTERY ANTENNA located at back lower part of the boot. It's kind of a near field sensor to detect you have you key close to the boot.

GBrooksy 02-02-2023 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by minmet (Post 25786519)
I think it's the REAR KEYLESS ENTERY ANTENNA located at back lower part of the boot. It's kind of a near field sensor to detect you have you key close to the boot.

For me it wasn't, opening the bottom 'wirelessly' wasn't the problem. Key fob and drivers' door button worked fine. I got my micro switch replaced yesterday and now my boot button is working like it should. :) But you could be right for others with similar issues and is worth checking.

bruce_miranda 02-03-2023 12:57 AM

You have a Faulty micro switch. Change it or open up the current one and try and repair it with switch contact fluid etc.