A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4B9 Clear Bra Protection FAQ

Old 07-19-2018, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like real estate and salaries: I wouldn't be expecting a bargain-basement price in SFO. In the Boston area, it's a little lower on average but not dirt cheap by any means. It's easy to say that you could do a repaint for about the same price, but in a part of the country that salts/sands roads several months a year I'd be hard pressed to count how many times it would be needed over a few years of ownership

These guys do a full hood and mirrors for about $1400:

BOSTON CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION- Unique Car Care

That is in a dealer range for similar protection as to cost, but they do a stunningly good job for what is mostly a high end clientele. I had a distinct sense they were somewhat slumming with a new A4 allroad, as about half of the cars I saw in the lot were at least $150-200k or more on the four occasions I've been there.

They're good people, to boot.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having my full hood done this weekend cost is 600.00 reputable installer using Xpel ultimate plus. This is in DFW area Texas.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rookie10
Having my full hood done this weekend cost is 600.00 reputable installer using Xpel ultimate plus. This is in DFW area Texas.
Just the hood?
Old 07-20-2018, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chemengin
Just the hood?
Just the hood. Not too concerned with the front bumper as much, considering the large grill takes up a lot of real estate.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for all the comments. I am going to avoid the precut install. I still think full front will be of most value. I will be sure reference the installer once I get this done.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my full hood, front bumper, partial front quarter panels and mirror covers all done for $800 with Xpel. They charged me what they charge the dealer. GM at the dealership was kind enough to connect us. Typically costs about $1200. Do NOT try this yourself...you will just waste a ton of money and be mad at yourself. Xpel and 3M are great materials so shop around and see what you are able to find from a reputable shop. Just had my son's new 2018 Accord Touring done that I bought him as a graduation present and was charged the same $800 but he also did the door handle cups and rear bumper protector too. This guy does all of the BMW, MB, AUDI, Porsche and exotics in the area and very highly regarded.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
I had my full hood, front bumper, partial front quarter panels and mirror covers all done for $800 with Xpel. They charged me what they charge the dealer. GM at the dealership was kind enough to connect us. Typically costs about $1200. Do NOT try this yourself...you will just waste a ton of money and be mad at yourself. Xpel and 3M are great materials so shop around and see what you are able to find from a reputable shop. Just had my son's new 2018 Accord Touring done that I bought him as a graduation present and was charged the same $800 but he also did the door handle cups and rear bumper protector too. This guy does all of the BMW, MB, AUDI, Porsche and exotics in the area and very highly regarded.
securityguy - how do the partial quarters look on the white car? it seems like the place where the line would be is relatively small? also did you consider the rocker panels at all? thanks
Old 09-04-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks great and the line is small. I did not consider the rockers and have had no issues in the year I've been driving her.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks great and the line is small. I did not consider the rockers and have had no issues in the year I've been driving her.
thanks for the reply. I may consider the rockers only as I live in Mass and we have the snow/sand/salt etc. chip missiles!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

That's an insane price. The wrap alone is probably nearly that much. Most likely he made very minimal profit, if at all. Was this a custom wrap, not pre-cut (edges also wrapped)?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A4B9 Clear Bra Protection FAQ