A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Adaptive Cruise Control in 2019 Premium plus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise Control in 2019 Premium plus?

It looks like Audi is including the hardware for adaptive cruise control in the quattro preimum plus for 2019. Does anyone know if it will be possible to turn that on the way lane assist can be turned on with odbeleven for the premium plus?
Old 12-17-2018, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Unless you have the 'fog light" style radar sensor you cannot enable adaptive cruise control.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Unless you have the 'fog light" style radar sensor you cannot enable adaptive cruise control.
Correct which is why I mentioned that it looks like they are including the hardware on the quattro premium plus, not just Prestige I am basing this on the pictures seen on audi's website .
Old 12-17-2018, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It could just be that they’re including the housing to make the models look more consistent amongst each other and to cut down on cost (i.e. not having two separate parts for that part of the front bumper). I would imagine they don’t include the actual radars behind the housings. You may want to confirm that first.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idealdreams
It could just be that they’re including the housing to make the models look more consistent amongst each other and to cut down on cost (i.e. not having two separate parts for that part of the front bumper). I would imagine they don’t include the actual radars behind the housings. You may want to confirm that first.
My thought is that just like the new a6, a7, and a8 that include matrix led lights even though they aren't legal in the US, they would do the same for the A4. I guess it's just too early to tell.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

I'm sure that this is a bug in the 2019 configurator, there is no way Audi will install (more or less) expensive hardware but don't include the feature being enabled at sale. The radar is actually the ball shaped part, there is no cover over the radar unit.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The sensors are $2-3k each side as replacement parts. There’s no way they’re throwing those in on every car.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audi2589
My thought is that just like the new a6, a7, and a8 that include matrix led lights even though they aren't legal in the US, they would do the same for the A4. I guess it's just too early to tell.
Except the matrix lights not being enabled is due to a legal issue. People are buying the car (and presumably paying for that feature in some way or another) with the assumption that the feature will be enabled at a later date. I highly doubt Audi is going to include the (very expensive) hardware necessary for ACC in cars that aren’t supposed to have it and lock it behind software. Especially when I’m sure they know software blocks can be overcome.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I hope they include it to be competitive with other manufacturers. Adaptive cruise is becoming standard on Acura/Leuxs, and even Honda/Toyota/Subaru these days.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by idealdreams

Except the matrix lights not being enabled is due to a legal issue. People are buying the car (and presumably paying for that feature in some way or another) with the assumption that the feature will be enabled at a later date. I highly doubt Audi is going to include the (very expensive) hardware necessary for ACC in cars that aren’t supposed to have it and lock it behind software. Especially when I’m sure they know software blocks can be overcome.
Serious question: Has Audi ever, in the entire long history of the brand, enabled a feature after sale? Is there any precedent for them doing that with anything else in the past whatsoever?

...Because I can't even get my dealer to update my MMI to the latest version unless I can describe my "issue" a very specific way, and then personally direct the to a specfic TSB # that contains a verbatim description of my "symptoms" and calls for a software update as the warranty fix.

This isn't Tesla. I wouldn't count on a thing post-sale. If anything they are going to take away features, a la the recent feature-removing updates to the Audi Connect (now "MyAudi") app or the soon-to-be-gone Google Maps Satellite imagery on the nav.

Quick Reply: Adaptive Cruise Control in 2019 Premium plus?