AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Air intake upgrade impact on warranty 2018 A4 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/air-intake-upgrade-impact-warranty-2018-a4-2960413/)

busydiver 10-10-2018 12:17 PM

Air intake upgrade impact on warranty 2018 A4

Been thinking to upgrade the air intake on my 2018 A4 using the ECS option Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System and was wondering if Audi would consider this a warranty violation and disavow any warranty engine coverage? I see this as a minor engine upgrade much lower in engine impact than say a tune but was looking for comments. Thanks in advance.

vkamnyev 10-10-2018 02:59 PM

I’ve been looking to upgrade as well but the warranty impact never crossed my mind. Curious on input from others.

SCarGuy 10-10-2018 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by busydiver (Post 25222265)
Been thinking to upgrade the air intake on my 2018 A4 using the ECS option Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System and was wondering if Audi would consider this a warranty violation and disavow any warranty engine coverage? I see this as a minor engine upgrade much lower in engine impact than say a tune but was looking for comments. Thanks in advance.

Ask your dealer, they are the one that makes those determinations by and large

Anytime you mod a car, regardless of how small you may deem it to be, count on being on your own, and you’ll either end up surprised (pleasantly), or not surprised at all.

VipinLJ 10-11-2018 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25222426)

Ask your dealer, they are the one that makes those determinations by and large

Anytime you mod a car, regardless of how small you may deem it to be, count on being on your own, and you’ll either end up surprised (pleasantly), or not surprised at all.

Very true. It depends on the dealer. I asked my dealer and they said they don’t manually flag cars TD1. They said cars get a TD1 flag only if their computers detect an anomaly and that an intake hasn’t ever caused a TD1 for any of their customers. But Ive read about some dealers flagging a car just for having lowering springs.

busydiver 10-11-2018 09:44 AM

Thanks for all of the input. I called and spoke with a service advisor at my dealership and asked about the intake mod. She said that would not create an issue for Audi related to warranty except that the mod would not be covered by audi which makes complete sense. However she said if the ECM was reprogrammed and there is a good chance this could void the power train warranty.

I am thinking to go ahead with the project on the intake.

DizzyA4 10-11-2018 03:48 PM

I have the 034 CAI and no one at my dealership has said anything, though I've head the dealership is "friendly" to after market things.

Allroading17 10-12-2018 07:16 AM

If you have an engine failure with the intake, don't expect Audi to cover it. They will do everything in their power to deny it

HyperS4 10-12-2018 07:29 AM

My dealer is mod-friendly. I dont even take off my JB4 when I go in. Then again, Ive only gone in for maintenance or TSB stuff, never really any major issues. When I had the fuel pump issue on my 07 BMW(which everyone knew was going to happen, quite common) they said I had to remove every modification from my car in order to have the part replaced under warranty. So take everything with a grain of salt.