A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi A4 B9 review from a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi A4 B9 review from a newbie!

Hi all - First time Audi owner here. Picked up my 2017 A4 B9 Premium Plus Quattro with Tech Pckg almost 2 weeks ago. Here are my observations coming from a G37 6spd manual sedan:

- Interior: I was blown away by the refinement and quality of the materials. I don't believe there is any car out there under $50k that looks this good inside (Yes, not even Lexus, BMW,etc)

- Ride: Huge difference coming from my G37. While I loved the performance in the Infiniti, the NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) was a bit too much for daily driving for a brand that's supposed to be in the luxury segment. The A4 is EXTREMELY quiet and comfortable. I fee like I can literally drive for several hours without getting tired. And all the features and technology makes it a great place to spend time behind the wheel.

- Performance: Can't really talk much on this...since I'm not pushing it hard during the break-in period. But so far power delivery is smooth and quick. Passing vehicles on the highway is a breeze.

- Exterior: Loving the new headlight/tail lights design. Folding mirrors, new front grill, etc. Some people say it looks too much like the B8, boring, etc. I think it looks classy, aggressive, and very luxurious.

Overall I'm loving the vehicle and can't wait to learn all the features and experience all the fun from driving this amazing car. I look forward to driving it every day.
Attached Thumbnails Audi A4 B9 review from a newbie!-20170715_195933.jpg  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Great to hear! I have just over 5k on mine and love it even more than the day I took delivery. You will be quite pleased with the performance once you've passed the break-in period. The A4 is one of the most well-rounded cars I've ever driven!

Congrats!
Old 07-27-2017, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Great to hear! I have just over 5k on mine and love it even more than the day I took delivery. You will be quite pleased with the performance once you've passed the break-in period. The A4 is one of the most well-rounded cars I've ever driven!

Congrats!
Totally agree. My cousin visits me often and I let him drive my cars since I love him. But I'm very possessive about my A4 and usually let him drive the A7 when he's visiting since he prefers displacement. But this time over, he drove my A4 (for the first time) and wouldn't let me drive it. Which meant I was stuck with the A7 while he was having fun with my A4. That says a lot!