A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi A4 Paint Color

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 Paint Color

Photo from Audi A4 website

So I’m looking to purchase a 2019 A4 and I love this color in the photo but have had no luck finding it in the standard or exclusive colors. Basically I am wondering if anyone in the community happens to know what color this car is in the photo. Thanks in advance for any helps
Old 06-20-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

Looks to be standard Navarra Blue Metallic to me. Google the color and view Images - you'll see it can look very different under different lighting conditions. The photo also has the characteristics of having been tone mapped, which would give the blue the characteristics seen here, at least to my eyes.

Example - these are both Navarra Blue

The following users liked this post:
A4Driver (06-21-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah I definitely see what you are saying! Today I went to the dealership for a 3rd time and managed to talk to a different person who was able to tell me that it is actually Scuba Blue a color that is sadly not available on the 2019 model Thanks for your help though!!
Old 06-20-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah that’s a European model shown and unfortunately would be an Audi exclusive $3900 option if you want it.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:59 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Nolan Thompson
Yeah I definitely see what you are saying! Today I went to the dealership for a 3rd time and managed to talk to a different person who was able to tell me that it is actually Scuba Blue a color that is sadly not available on the 2019 model Thanks for your help though!!
Is that really scuba blue?? It doesn't look scuba blue to me...
Old 06-21-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
Is that really scuba blue?? It doesn't look scuba blue to me...
It is not Scuba Blue. The car in the second picture (under bright light) looks like Sepang Blue.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That sales person is obviously wrong. That’s not scuba blue. Scuba blue was discontinued in Europe months before the 2019 Facelift went into production. It’s a Navara blue with black pack which makes it look a bit darker compared to normal S-line cars.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Assuming we're still talking about the first picture, could it be Ascari blue? Just another Audi blue I've read of...

But regarding Scuba and Navarra, both are excellent and very similar IMO. When I was originally shopping for a Scuba A4 I sometimes had to go back and forth between Navarra S3/4's and Scuba A4 to see the diff. And I agree with other comments that their characters vary a lot depending on lighting. I'm somewhat envious now of folks who got 2018 Scuba A4's!
Old 06-23-2019, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

Just curious - how did the person at the dealership know the color? S/he have a contact at Audi Web Design in Germany?

Like above - Scuba Blue could look like this. Or very different.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Photo from Audi A4 website

So I’m looking to purchase a 2019 A4 and I love this color in the photo but have had no luck finding it in the standard or exclusive colors. Basically I am wondering if anyone in the community happens to know what color this car is in the photo. Thanks in advance for any helps
That looks like either utopia blue or scuba blue, but either way the photo was edited by Audi’s web design team in photoshop with a warming filter and probably some contrast adjustment. I own a scuba blue allroad and it could look that way if I edited a photo of it with an instagram filter.

Quick Reply: Audi A4 Paint Color