A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi colors: drab to draber

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 874 Likes on 715 Posts

I also like the Audi selection of colors. But I also have white hair so I may be in the minority.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I like the color selection, but wish that all 50 shades of grey had been available (as opposed to limited to certain models) when I bought mine. My son recently bought an A3 in Monsoon Grey, which I would have preferred....but, agree to lure in younger folks they may need to add some more crayons to the box
Old 02-10-2019, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AMDG75
I like the color selection, but wish that all 50 shades of grey had been available (as opposed to limited to certain models) when I bought mine. My son recently bought an A3 in Monsoon Grey, which I would have preferred....but, agree to lure in younger folks they may need to add some more crayons to the box
To me some of the brighter "crayons" some may wish for are too much like those of many Japanese and Korean lower-priced brands for my likes. The bright blues in particular scream Hyundai, Kia, HondaCivic and such to me, not to mention the resemblance to some of the garish colors the Dodge Neon used to lure the "younger folks." I think Audi is wise to basically keep a consevrative pallet that screams "Teutonic!"

Old 02-10-2019, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
To me some of the brighter "crayons" some may wish for are too much like those of many Japanese and Korean lower-priced brands for my likes. The bright blues in particular scream Hyundai, Kia, HondaCivic and such to me, not to mention the resemblance to some of the garish colors the Dodge Neon used to lure the "younger folks." I think Audi is wise to basically keep a consevrative pallet that screams "Teutonic!"
Agree with your analysis: they need to appeal to their demographics and, keep the Audis looking like Audis....but if they wanted to expand customer base to include the younger affluent crowd, perhaps making available a couple "Audi-loud" crayon colors for the intro A/Q 3 series as standard would do the trick.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:58 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AMDG75
Agree with your analysis: they need to appeal to their demographics and, keep the Audis looking like Audis....but if they wanted to expand customer base to include the younger affluent crowd, perhaps making available a couple "Audi-loud" crayon colors for the intro A/Q 3 series as standard would do the trick.
But the question is, are the "younger affluent crowd" buying new vehicles? Around here, at least, they don't seem to be (see my earlier post in this thread).
Old 02-10-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
But the question is, are the "younger affluent crowd" buying new vehicles? Around here, at least, they don't seem to be (see my earlier post in this thread).
And of the vehicles they are buying, it seems sedan sales are down.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VM

correct, several reports* over past few years heralding the end of car ownership, particularly starting with the younger crowd. Heck, today many young kids are not interested in obtaining a driver license whereas we couldn't wait ...

* one of many
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-end...hip-1498011001
Old 02-10-2019, 09:56 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave W
And of the vehicles they are buying, it seems sedan sales are down.
The trend I'm seeing is that, for many younger people, what pushes them into car ownership is having kids... and that leads them towards crossovers with big hatchbacks seen as friendly for carrying all the baby gear.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I actually like the boring pallet when it comes to cars. For me, bold colors are nice for changeable things like scarfs, hats, table napkins – you name it. For something that I am keeping around and seeing and being seen in for a while (my house and car for example) I prefer something that looks nice, neutral and not likely to go out of fashion or start annoying me after a few months. Fickle? Yeah, maybe.
No offense....but anyone that thinks Manhattan Grey is a "bold" color is missing the point, LOL. I like grays, but seriously it's gone to the absurd. "Neutral" colors don't have to be white, grey, or black.... There are plenty of blue, green and red colors that are not loud, trendy, or will look bad in 10 years. It would be nice to have a choice in the matter. We aren't asking for standard neon colors or glow-in-the-dark, LOL. Other companies clearly get it with a far broader color palette....and they are "conservative" brands.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
or a midnight blue.
You mean like moonlight blue metallic?

Quick Reply: Audi colors: drab to draber