A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi Connect Traffic Replaced by Sirius?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Connect Traffic Replaced by Sirius?

My free Audi Connect is about to expire. Way too expensive, so I'm not renewing. I let Sirius XM expire after the free trial, so I know traffic data is coming through AC. Every car I have gets traffic through Sirius XM for a couple bucks a month. It's not the greatest, but where I live, you don't drive anywhere any time of day without a traffic map.

I checked with dealer service and they are pretty sure Sirius will feed traffic data to the MMI after AC expires. But they aren't certain. Anyone made the switch from AC traffic to Sirius traffic?
Old 01-25-2018, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

It doesn't out of the box. If you search the forum, there's at least one member who claims that you can enable SiriusXM traffic via vagcom.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious too. My Audi Connect just ran out and besides traffic there's nothing about it I'm willing to pay those prices for. I've been just using CapPlay maps when I want traffic.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am still waiting on my Allroad, but for my Grand Cherokee I had a 1 year free trial for Sirius XM but a 5 year free subscription to their Sirius Travel data or services whatever you call it.

Wonder if something similar is happening where there is almost two memberships.

Last edited by WesternAudi; 01-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
It doesn't out of the box. If you search the forum, there's at least one member who claims that you can enable SiriusXM traffic via vagcom.
Found a couple posts. We'll know for sure next week after AC expires, Sirius starts and the dealer changes the codes.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can def assure it works enabling SiriusXM Traffic. Search shall be your friend (Q5 MKII forums) I can post pic's if need be, but its super simple with OBD11. I wish you luck getting dealer to change that too... but what do I know.

I will say that once in awhile it stops free flow traffic data. I reset MMI and it comes back within 5min. I haven't played around with using a dif value to see if that would get it to ALWAYS be on. Since it takes 2 sec to reboot the MMI, it's not on my top priorities to mess with right now. It's 9 out of 10 times it's rock steady and waaaaay more accurate then INRIX. But 2x in the last 2 weeks no overlay at startup until reset MMI (hold both levers up and tap center button).

Oh, and if you go to MMI Settings in Nav it still says call Audi to enable Audi Connect.... ahh no thanks.

You will have to call Sirius to enable traffic. It's not on by default in the trial nor if you renew after trial. But it's $4/mo on top of the $100/yr. Re-newel with Sirius is always a game, but you can work that out too if you search how. I got Sirius the minute I bought the car. I prepaid the 1 yr starting in Oct, after my 3mo trial ended. They stated I did not need traffic. I agreed. Then when 6mo AC expired few weeks back, I called and added for $32 the Traffic (not weather) to get me to October 2018. Once Oct comes, I will renew both radio & traffic and be good for another yr.

Here ya go, notice time stamp with Traffic and under Weather it tells me Trial is over..
Attached Thumbnails Audi Connect Traffic Replaced by Sirius?-dsc_2565.jpg   Audi Connect Traffic Replaced by Sirius?-dsc_2566.jpg  

Last edited by Cabal_san; 01-26-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

All good. $48 to Sirius and $60 to the dealer to make the coding change. My car was the first they've changed. For USA cars, the code is 34305 as posted elsewhere.

The traffic colors appear a little thicker than with the AC traffic feed.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Street
All good. $48 to Sirius and $60 to the dealer to make the coding change. My car was the first they've changed. For USA cars, the code is 34305 as posted elsewhere.

The traffic colors appear a little thicker than with the AC traffic feed.
Huh? The dealer did the coding? Wow, I did not think they would/could have done that.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is good info.

have to say tho, Traffic and maps are "free" through Carplay.

The interface isn't nearly as friendly as using the Audi nav - but I'll take free.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
Already changed the coding via VCDS on my wife's '18 Q5, but Sirius is saying the "don't even have the option to activate traffic only". Any ideas?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Traffic Replaced by Sirius?