A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi OOOO Door Light

Old 05-25-2017, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audi OOOO Door Light

Has anybody found a replacement to these https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...G0052133G.html at a cheaper alternative?

I found these 2X LED Car Door Light Just 4 Rings Courtesy Projector Ghost Laser Light For Audi | eBay but not sure if they fit?

Here's a pic of the stock ones

Old 05-25-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a couple of threads on this here:

Audi Rings Puddle Lights

Audi Beam Rings (aftermarket install?)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@FLKiwi

I see your picking your car up any day now from Europe! Dude, please share pictures of your trip. We're all excited for ya. Would have loved to been able to do that. Maybe next time.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strife1013
@FLKiwi

I see your picking your car up any day now from Europe! Dude, please share pictures of your trip. We're all excited for ya. Would have loved to been able to do that. Maybe next time.
Cheers- yes! Leaving on Saturday, picking up next Tuesday, 100% stoked.
Definitely planning on posting pics and a writeup of the whole thing.
Was touch and go a couple of times about whether the hassle was worth it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no-brainer once it's all under way.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Cheers- yes! Leaving on Saturday, picking up next Tuesday, 100% stoked.
Definitely planning on posting pics and a writeup of the whole thing.
Was touch and go a couple of times about whether the hassle was worth it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no-brainer once it's all under way.
Stay safe over there brotha and have fun!
Old 05-25-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by steven7270
Has anybody found a replacement to these https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...G0052133G.html at a cheaper alternative?

I found these 2X LED Car Door Light Just 4 Rings Courtesy Projector Ghost Laser Light For Audi | eBay but not sure if they fit?

Here's a pic of the stock ones

steven7270, I want to give you a heads up: In your pictures of the stock light, it is missing the black plastic housing. When I put in the cheap aftermarket ones on my car, I noticed that when the stock lights were swung down, the corner of the housing gets caught and pulled off. You have a piece of black plastic up inside the door now. I am not sure how essential it is, but I would be concerned that if the wire bent back and was right on top of the LED, the heat from the LED could burn the insulation. The LED gets very hot--I know because it burned my finger when I made the switch.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MDAudi
steven7270, I want to give you a heads up: In your pictures of the stock light, it is missing the black plastic housing. When I put in the cheap aftermarket ones on my car, I noticed that when the stock lights were swung down, the corner of the housing gets caught and pulled off. You have a piece of black plastic up inside the door now. I am not sure how essential it is, but I would be concerned that if the wire bent back and was right on top of the LED, the heat from the LED could burn the insulation. The LED gets very hot--I know because it burned my finger when I made the switch.
thank you very much i will have to check that out
Old 05-25-2017, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put in Quattro puddle lights (OEM, not cheap).
On mine, I broke the clear plastic clip off the lens, and now have that rolling around my driver's door.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered these lights off eBay in 2015 for my 2014 A4. When I traded her in this past Feb I took them out and installed them in my 2017 A4. Different fit but after some cursing I managed to get a proper fit (had to use additional harness that came with lights/was not required on 2014 model). Obviously not the same brightness/clarity as OEM but just a fraction of the cost (approx $44 Canadian for all 4). I think they look pretty good myself.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Better pic where the ground is not wet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi OOOO Door Light