A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

AudiWorld VIN Lookup

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default AudiWorld VIN Lookup

So I used the AudiWorld VIN lookup on my 2019 A4 Prestige and it details a few things I wasn’t aware of that I had (makes me think VIN lookup isn’t accurate):
  • Mini Overhead Console w/Storage - where is this?
  • Rear Fog Lamps - don’t believe I have these
  • Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox - whaaaa?
Old 06-19-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

I don't know about the first two but all Audi A4's have a "cooled" glove box. Notice that there is a adjustable vent in the rear of the glove box which you can open to allow AC air in for cooling.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
I don't know about the first two but all Audi A4's have a "cooled" glove box. Notice that there is a adjustable vent in the rear of the glove box which you can open to allow AC air in for cooling.
Cool, pun intended I guess.

Wondering if the VIN lookup is accurate. I know I don’t have rear fog lights (there is no button to activate them) and don’t believe there is any overhead storage in the area where the sunroof is activated.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

When I use that for "VIN lookup", it pretty much just provides the specs for the year/model. I put in my VIN and get that it's a 2017 P+, and has the base price. But it lists all the available colors, not my color, has nothing about installed options, actual sticker price, etc. for my specific VIN. So I wouldn't put an extreme amount of faith in what it says.

My understanding is also that the rear fogs were deleted after MY17. At least as an individual button - and I'd be surprised if it was installed and automatic with the fronts.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PghRich
When I use that for "VIN lookup", it pretty much just provides the specs for the year/model. I put in my VIN and get that it's a 2017 P+, and has the base price. But it lists all the available colors, not my color, has nothing about installed options, actual sticker price, etc. for my specific VIN. So I wouldn't put an extreme amount of faith in what it says.

My understanding is also that the rear fogs were deleted after MY17. At least as an individual button - and I'd be surprised if it was installed and automatic with the fronts.
Agree - it didn’t list the options I have on mine but was surprised to see the three I listed (actually forgot about the cooled glove compartment).