A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Awful Dealership, but do I cancel my order and start all over?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awful Dealership, but do I cancel my order and start all over?

Sorry for the long post and venting, but it feels like I am stuck in a spot I don't want to be in.

So I have stated in a few of my other posts that the saleperson I am dealing with has been less that what I would expect. Every time I have reached out to him and asked him to send me something, he has always provided some excuse. Like the system is down, the scanner is broken, I am off today, I've sent it already; when I know I hadn't received anything.....

Prior to my lock date, I added the sports package. So 7 days ago I asked for an updated price sheet with the sales tax and fees broken out so I can go secure my financing. I specifically want to see the fees they charge and understand which of those fees I would be able to negotiate away....Anyway, he tells me that their scanner is broken, but asks me for a number he could text a picture to. So I give him my number and even tell him if he has an iPhone, he can iMessage me also by using my email address. I never get the document. When I contact him, he says he sent it, but I tell him I never got it and asked him to resent..He said no problem, he'll send it within the hour. Of course I didn't get it...for 4 days, I kept contacting him and I got nothing.....

so I sent am email to the Sales Manager detailing this issue and all the other issues I have been having....I even forward the sales manager one of the longer email chains so he can see some of the previous exchanges and understand the frustration.....so I wait a day and get no response from the sale manager....so I call to talk to him about the email and I get put on the phone with the general manager...

So the general manager apologizes for everything and tells me that is not how they usually do business. yada, yada, yada......he promises to get me the info I need and in return he asks me for info on my trade in and even offers to buy it prior to my car arriving so that my Honda Odyssey doesn't lose any value. I explain to him , that I tried to make an appointment with the saleperson to bring the van in for an appraisal and offer since we are not using it, but the sales person wanted to wait till my A4 actually arrived. He gives me his personal cell phone number and email address. Anyway, I wait a couple of hours and low and behold, I get the price sheet, but it's the same price I had negotiated to prior to adding the sports package and the sales tax and fees are not broken out.....

So I email the general manager back and let him know the info he wanted about my van and I remind him that I was asking for the sales tax and fees to be broken out and I also tell him that the pricing is wrong.....I tell him that I am an honest person and the price he was showing was the price prior to adding the sports package....now if they were throwing it in for free or as an incentive, then I would not argue the point, but I expressed that I am a fair person and am open to negotiating the pricing for the sports package....

I gave him a day to process my email and respond and he did not, so I called him and left a voicemail to confirm that he received my email and never got a response......now another day has past and I still have not received a response from them....

When I first spoke with him, I expressed my frustration and that this would be the last difficulty I would most likely be willing to tolerate before I cancel my order and go to another dealership to purchase my car....

I am not sure why what I am asking for is so difficult, sure the car is not there yet, but I have time constraints and I explained that to them. I need to secure my financing by the end of this month, otherwise I will not be able to do so until July (I'm in Iraq right now and that's all I can say about that). The car should be there mid May and my wife has POA and my credit union's approval is good for 60 days, so she can sign whatever I can't.

By far, this has been the worst car dealership and customer service from a dealer that I have ever had to deal with. The car was supposed to be completed last week, but was delayed a bit, but it should be on a ship on or about 25 April.......

so I find myself thinking, if I am having this much trouble before they have my money, what would it be like once they have it and I need my car serviced........But I don't like the idea of having to start all over and since we can no longer order 2017 A4s, the cost will be higher and the wait longer

Am I being unreasonable.....is this a sign of hell to come if I stay with this delership or do I just cancel my car and wait...truth be told, we have 2 perfectly good cars and waiting will not be the end of the world......

again sorry for the long post and vent, I'm just sooooo frustrated, we have never had these issues with the honda delearship and that is what kept us coming back....the fact that this saleperson and dealership are so short sided and see only this potential sale is so stupid......if they only took the time to get to know us and look beyond the now, they would be able to see the potential future business, especially considering I have twin 16 years kids that would like and practically need a car and a 13 year boy that will ask for one in 3 years
Old 04-19-2017, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi West Houston

After having paperwork issues with my last Audi dealership. I've vowed to deal strictly with Audi Magna Society Elite dealerships. These are the best of the best and are recognized by AoA for their customer satisfaction.

You have one in your state named: Audi West Houston.

https://www.audiworld.com/articles/a...ociety-awards/
Old 04-19-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It sure looks like you have done everything that you can to get their attention in a reasonable way. I would consider going to the dealership that is mentioned in the post above, tell them what you have been through and ask that the current order that you have be transferred to them. Just deal with them then.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your story is certainly another sad one because dealers really do not have any reason to treat their customers the way they treat you and the business you are bringing into their dealership. After reading your post, I can only come up with two reasons why they are not being direct with you. One, your sales guy fumbled your order and is trying to cover up for his mistake by not entertaining your inquiries in a prompt manner. Or, two, the dealership just employs incompetent people including the General Manager and the Sales Manager. Incompetency starts from the very top of the chain and runs all the way down.

This is one dealership that does not deserve your business and it is good to know that you have not given them any down payment or money. My advice is to just take your business elsewhere and walk-away from this one. Don't waste anymore of your time on these guys.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
Your story is certainly another sad one because dealers really do not have any reason to treat their customers the way they treat you and the business you are bringing into their dealership. After reading your post, I can only come up with two reasons why they are not being direct with you. One, your sales guy fumbled your order and is trying to cover up for his mistake by not entertaining your inquiries in a prompt manner. Or, two, the dealership just employs incompetent people including the General Manager and the Sales Manager. Incompetency starts from the very top of the chain and runs all the way down.

This is one dealership that does not deserve your business and it is good to know that you have not given them any down payment or money. My advice is to just take your business elsewhere and walk-away from this one. Don't waste anymore of your time on these guys.
Thanks for the reply.....sadly, I have given them $1,000, but never signed any kind of agreement that I would forfeit the money if I didn't follow through on the order.....I also made the deposit with a card since I am overseas, so I can always dispute it.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gguy
It sure looks like you have done everything that you can to get their attention in a reasonable way. I would consider going to the dealership that is mentioned in the post above, tell them what you have been through and ask that the current order that you have be transferred to them. Just deal with them then.
Is it actually possible to transfer the purchase to another dealership.....Audi of South Austin is listed as a magna society awardee and it is no more than 45 minutes from my house compared to 2 1/2 hours to get to Audi West Houston
Old 04-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am actually in the car business (31 years) and unfortunately this kind of behavior is not uncommon. It's why most people dread the whole process of buying a car. Two ways to get their attention would be to go to google and give them a low star rating and then a review and also go to Car Dealer Reviews, Dealership Ratings, Cars For Sale - DealerRater.com and do the same. Do not be afraid to actually use the names of the individuals you are dealing with. Today's dealerships constantly monitor these sites and seem to "get it" when you start talking negatively in a social arena where they know potential customers are frequenting. Also if you want to go a step further you could reach out to Audi customer care.

Last edited by clone1008; 04-19-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports
Is it actually possible to transfer the purchase to another dealership.....Audi of South Austin is listed as a magna society awardee and it is no more than 45 minutes from my house compared to 2 1/2 hours to get to Audi West Houston
I realize it might be too far out of the way for you, but for anyone interested, I got my A4 from Audi West Houston. I am pretty happy with them.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sebec Veritas
I realize it might be too far out of the way for you, but for anyone interested, I got my A4 from Audi West Houston. I am pretty happy with them.
Mind if I ask, what kind of discount were you able to get from them. They are not a Truecar authorized dealer
Old 04-19-2017, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports
Mind if I ask, what kind of discount were you able to get from them. They are not a Truecar authorized dealer
A little better than the Truecar price at the time. I also used the Audi Club of North America discount, which the salesman claimed he never heard of, but after checking with the sales manager, they were happy to accept. Maybe I could have done better if I pushed harder, but I don't know.

Quick Reply: Awful Dealership, but do I cancel my order and start all over?