A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

The B9 MT6 thread

Old 04-13-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by misanorotrs4
Guess who’s car is in the video lol! Great to be a part of this limited community, JHM Developed and finalized the short throw and solid cross rod upgrade on my beloved car.

Also, just to add some awesome facts about the B9 A4:

• 891 A4’s sold with 6 speed manual transmission in 2017

• 1,015 A4’s sold with 6 speed manual transmission in 2018

***This is from Audi of North America as of 3 days ago.
Lol awesomeness!! Welcome to the team!!

I took delivery of my 2018 in October 2017. I literally walked into my local dealer on a rainy day with a build code from AudiUsa and asked “I’d like to know what it’ll take to get me into the Audi of my choice today.” He found my spec 31 miles away at another dealer and got me the car 3 days later. The sales manager told me it was the first mythos black-optic w/manual in the country and when the entire sales team gatherd around to look it over and shake my hand, I believed it. It’s been a 19,776 mile love affair since

Last edited by black.cat; 04-13-2019 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by black.cat
Lol awesomeness!! Welcome to the team!!

I took delivery of my 2018 in October 2017. I literally walked into my local dealer on a rainy day with a build code from AudiUsa and asked “I’d like to know what it’ll take to get me into the Audi of my choice today.” He found my spec 31 miles away at another dealer and got me the car 3 days later. The sales manager told me it was the first mythos black-optic w/manual in the country and when the entire sales team gatherd around to look it over and shake my hand, I believed it. It’s been a 19,776 mile love affair since

She's a beauty! I want your steering wheel though <3
Old 04-13-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by misanorotrs4
She's a beauty! I want your steering wheel though <3
Actually I'm not really in love with theflat bottom steering wheel in my A4. Flat bottom wheels are derived from race cars, where the flat bottom would solve clearance issues with the drivers legs. And since the steering wheel in a racing car only rotates a few degrees in each direction, the driver never has to encounter the flat spot while cornering. But in a regular street car the flat bottom is encountered often while making tight turns. The other reason that I'm not a fan of the flat bottom is because it is impossible to steer with my knee for a few seconds while I use both hands for something else. I used to do that all of the time with my old Nissan Maxima! But the flat bottom wheel does look cool.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bigk200
Actually I'm not really in love with theflat bottom steering wheel in my A4. Flat bottom wheels are derived from race cars, where the flat bottom would solve clearance issues with the drivers legs. And since the steering wheel in a racing car only rotates a few degrees in each direction, the driver never has to encounter the flat spot while cornering. But in a regular street car the flat bottom is encountered often while making tight turns. The other reason that I'm not a fan of the flat bottom is because it is impossible to steer with my knee for a few seconds while I use both hands for something else. I used to do that all of the time with my old Nissan Maxima! But the flat bottom wheel does look cool.
Hahahahaa I love that someone agrees with FB wheels being useless, but that air leather is a godsend in CA heat.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Group B
As far as 2017, the number Vincenzo gave me as of April 2018 was 876. Because of the reporting lag it’s possible it has gone up to 891 since then, but I’d want to verify that.
Here’s the color breakdown he gave me for the 876 total:

So my moonlight blue 6MT is one of 82?!
Old 04-13-2019, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blassus
As with any recent Audi, anything not black or gray is rare...
Old 04-14-2019, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have a the color breakdown for the 2018s? I am guessing that my Matador red sport package( not sports plus) is fairly rare. Although I know there are at least two others out there. I got mine in June, trucked from two states away. I have only seen one other B9 in Matador since I started paying attention.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blassus
Hey, the only thing better than having the best color for an A4 is being one of only a few dozen with the best color for an A4

We custom ordered both our Audis, and have absolutely no regrets on our choice of color.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been trying to figure out how to get the stainless steel pedal cap set for the 6MT. Does anyone have the Audi part number? I can only find the set for the 2 pedal cars...
Old 04-14-2019, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bolero410
Does anyone have a the color breakdown for the 2018s? I am guessing that my Matador red sport package( not sports plus) is fairly rare. Although I know there are at least two others out there. I got mine in June, trucked from two states away. I have only seen one other B9 in Matador since I started paying attention.
I haven't inquired about the 2018 color breakdown, mainly because it seems like the numbers are still not final yet.

However, I have a little over half the 2018 cars in my database and you can use that as an estimate:

15 are Matador Red
7 of those 15 have the Sport Package
3 of those 15 have the Sport Plus Package
0 of those 15 have the Black Optic Plus Package

Originally Posted by MDAudi
I have been trying to figure out how to get the stainless steel pedal cap set for the 6MT. Does anyone have the Audi part number? I can only find the set for the 2 pedal cars...
I don't have a part # for the kit, but I do have the individual numbers:

Gas: 8W0.721.173
Brake: 8W1.721.173.C
Clutch: 8W1.721.173.B
Dead: 8W1.864.777.B

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The B9 MT6 thread