A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

The B9 MT6 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I’ve got the mythos black - didn’t realize it’s on the high end of shipments with the 6MT. Wonder how many of those came with black optics.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm one of the 32 Tango Red 2017 MT6 A4's. Aside from that it's got the comfort adaptive suspension and is a prestige with the driver assist option and a beige/gray interior, so I'd bet it's the only one of its kind.

Yes I actually do use the assisted steering all the time, adaptive cruise much less often (but it's still very useful on the highway with the manual transmission).

There were only a couple of months when you could even order a MT6 in the 2017 model year before they switched to 2018 with the matador red and then they also got rid of the comfort adaptive system. You then had to get the sport package to get the sport package to get the sport adaptive suspension which means no beige interior option.

I hang on to my cars for around 10 years (had 220k miles on my 2006 A4 the week before I got the 2017) so I've got time before I'm in the market again. I assume my next car will be an electric (the only way I'm giving up a manual transmission is if the car doesn't have a transmission), but I think the Tesla interiors are kinda ugly. I'm hoping they get better by the time I care.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2018 A4 MT6 Gotland Green checking in. Prestige trim level, Sport package/ suspension, black leather ventilated seats, gray oak inlays. Ordered August, delivered November 2017. Had the clutch slave cylinder seal fail at 1100 miles, replaced under warranty (3 week wait for parts). No problems since.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfish
2018 A4 MT6 Gotland Green checking in. Prestige trim level, Sport package/ suspension, black leather ventilated seats, gray oak inlays. Ordered August, delivered November 2017. Had the clutch slave cylinder seal fail at 1100 miles, replaced under warranty (3 week wait for parts). No problems since.
I don't have your particular car in my database since I didn't start recording until February 2018. However, I have 11 others in Gotland, making it the least popular color. Of those 11, 6 have the Sport Package, and 2 have the Sport Plus Package. None with Black Optic Plus.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Group B
I don't have your particular car in my database since I didn't start recording until February 2018. However, I have 11 others in Gotland, making it the least popular color. Of those 11, 6 have the Sport Package, and 2 have the Sport Plus Package. None with Black Optic Plus.
Was it offered with b.optics? Only so many colors work with the red stitched interior and I don’t remember which were applicalbale on the A4. The S4 in gotland w/b.optics looks so sick, but the interior scheme is way different.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by black.cat
Was it offered with b.optics? Only so many colors work with the red stitched interior and I don’t remember which were applicalbale on the A4. The S4 in gotland w/b.optics looks so sick, but the interior scheme is way different.
Black Optic was offered with all colors except Daytona, which was Sport Plus only.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

2018 Premium Plus Sports Plus Package in Daytona Grey Pearl checking in! How are everyone's performance upgrades been doing? So far I've gone Stage 1 with APR and installed IE's CAI along with ECS Tuning's Charge Pipe upgrade kit. IE Intercooler soon to come!
Old 04-20-2019, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MDAudi
I have been trying to figure out how to get the stainless steel pedal cap set for the 6MT. Does anyone have the Audi part number? I can only find the set for the 2 pedal cars...
UPDATE: I was able to figure out the part number for the stainless steel pedal cap set with the footrest for my 2017 A4 Prestige (B9) 6MT. The part number is: 8W1 064 200 A

Several people here offered suggestions on how/where to get a set and I really appreciate their help.

I ended up getting the OEM set for a pretty good price from getaudiparts.com . The nice thing about them is they will make sure it is the right part for your vehicle if you include your VIN with the order (I'm sure others do that but not everyone does so I think it is useful to point out). I have previously ordered several parts from them and I am very happy with their service. (Disclosure: I have no relationship with them other than as a satisfied customer).

Below is a picture of the set. The circle on the footrest is the plug that covers the torx T30 screw that holds it down (the fuses are underneath). I am very happy with the look. Warning: they are a big PITA to install. I used hot soapy water to help make the rubber more slippery and pliable and I think that helped. Still, I have a few sore fingertips as well as some discomfort in my right ribcage and elbow. I also invented several new curse words in the process.

I took the car out for a spin, and I can attest that after installing the set, my A4 accelerates faster, brakes in a shorter distance, and shifts much more smoothly.

Last edited by MDAudi; 04-20-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

^ I expect at least 15HP increase with those sets
Old 04-21-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine came standard with the stainless pedals, but I kind of wish it hadn’t. If you live anywhere where it rains, they can be dangerous.

Quick Reply: The B9 MT6 thread