A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

The B9 MT6 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Daytona Gray premium plus with the Sport Plus Package and Navigation.....

Am I the only one who doesn't like this car? I can't wait for my lease to be up. The throttle lag is driving me crazy! Also the B&O Stereo rattles all of the trim pieces like a cheap Hyundai. Classical music makes the glued on iPad nav screen vibrate and emit a higher pitched rattle than the lower pitched rattles and vibration from bass tones coming from the rear parcel shelf and doors.

Oh, and the Audi Navigation system is useless!!! ETA's when taking secondary roads are often off the 30+ minutes on a mere 1 hour drive. Poor routing as well as the system wants to maximize highway time when secondary roads are often faster and many less miles.

Last edited by tfabrizio623; 04-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tfabrizio623
I have a Daytona Gray premium plus with the Sport Plus Package and Navigation.....

Am I the only one who doesn't like this car? I can't wait for my lease to be up. The throttle lag is driving me crazy! Also the B&O Stereo rattles all of the trim pieces like a cheap Hyundai. Classical music makes the glued on iPad nav screen vibrate and emit a higher pitched rattle than the lower pitched rattles and vibration from bass tones coming from the rear parcel shelf and doors.

Oh, and the Audi Navigation system is useless!!! ETA's when taking secondary roads are often off the 30+ minutes on a mere 1 hour drive. Poor routing as well as the system wants to maximize highway time when secondary roads are often faster and many less miles.
i have the same exact car minus the Nav package. I have heard of others that dislike the B&O pack because of the same issue but I haven’t experienced anything like that. The only rattling that ever goes on might be from the deck lid in the back and that’s ONLY when I’m blasting it really high with the sub all the way up.

Throttle Response isn’t really too much of an issue with me since I went Stage 1 with APR, installed a IE CAI, and ECS’S charge pipe kit. But when I was stock the throttle response on the car is atrocious. The car is really underpowered for the clutch it’s paired with which makes accelerating from a stop a lot worse. Adding performance definitely brings out the clutches true abilities
Old 04-21-2019, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Group B
Mine came standard with the stainless pedals, but I kind of wish it hadn’t. If you live anywhere where it rains, they can be dangerous.
I agree!! When the bottom of my feet are wet, driving with the stainless steel pedals is extremely dangerous because your feet will slip everywhere on those things.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FlyLikeWoosh
i have the same exact car minus the Nav package. I have heard of others that dislike the B&O pack because of the same issue but I haven’t experienced anything like that. The only rattling that ever goes on might be from the deck lid in the back and that’s ONLY when I’m blasting it really high with the sub all the way up.

Throttle Response isn’t really too much of an issue with me since I went Stage 1 with APR, installed a IE CAI, and ECS’S charge pipe kit. But when I was stock the throttle response on the car is atrocious. The car is really underpowered for the clutch it’s paired with which makes accelerating from a stop a lot worse. Adding performance definitely brings out the clutches true abilities
Good to know. I have been toying with the idea of a tune, but I am hesitant to have one done on an in warranty leased vehicle. If I do wind up keeping the car, I will tune it for sure!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

2018 Ultra Sport owner here. I started documenting the 6MT cars in early 2018, and also got production info from Vincenzo at AoA as the year went on.

To summarize: the 2018 total is higher than 1,015 because Audi separated the cars into 2 different groups.
The most recent numbers I have are from October 2018:

2018 A4 6MT: 1,013
2018 A4 6MT Tech Value Package: 198
2018 A4 6MT Total: 1,211

These numbers will have gone up a bit since then, as they were not final at the time.​​​​​​​
very nice color
Old 04-22-2019, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SMLVa4
very nice color
Thanks! They definitely chose well when making up the USP package.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks! They definitely chose well when making up the USP package.
whats that color called
Old 04-22-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by R8ready
whats that color called
Quantum Gray. Before 2019 it was Audi Exclusive in the US. Now it’s been added to the standard choices for the S4, S5, and SQ5.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sprior
I'm one of the 32 Tango Red 2017 MT6 A4's. Aside from that it's got the comfort adaptive suspension and is a prestige with the driver assist option and a beige/gray interior, so I'd bet it's the only one of its kind.

Yes I actually do use the assisted steering all the time, adaptive cruise much less often (but it's still very useful on the highway with the manual transmission).

There were only a couple of months when you could even order a MT6 in the 2017 model year before they switched to 2018 with the matador red and then they also got rid of the comfort adaptive system. You then had to get the sport package to get the sport package to get the sport adaptive suspension which means no beige interior option.
You have a very unique and interesting build. Would love to see pics!
Old 04-27-2019, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyLikeWoosh
I agree!! When the bottom of my feet are wet, driving with the stainless steel pedals is extremely dangerous because your feet will slip everywhere on those things.
You had me a bit nervous! But, then I tried them out when it was quite rainy (water all over my feet and the pedals) and I had no problem with my feet slipping. My shoes stuck tight to the pedals. I honestly didn't detect any difference from the standard pedals. Except these look nicer. And the car goes faster.

Quick Reply: The B9 MT6 thread