Reload this Page >

Been running a JB4 for the past week

A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Been running a JB4 for the past week

Old 07-10-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Been running a JB4 for the past week

Ok so I know this thread is just another one of mine that will probably draw a lot of attention. I have been testing and running a JB4 in my car for the past week helping do a DIY with pictures for them as well as data logging.

Obviously, it may not come as a shock that I am a fan of piggy-back units. The reason for this is that on my 2007 335 I was part of the community helping bring the JuiceBox to life with that car. I had been involved with testing a few of the companies doing it at the time. The JB ended up being the clear winner and (Terry)Burger was instrumental at being involved with the feedback of the community to make it the best on the market.

Fast Forward to now, Im very excited to say this is one of the best tunes out there. This isnt just a simple "boost" controller. This connects to multiple connections in the bay and is constantly adapting. Also, you can easily make changes as you go if you wish.

I have been using the version that connects to a computer via USB for map changing and data logging. There is a BT version but it wasnt offered to me. Personally, I am old school when it comes to tech and always feel more confident with a wired connection than without.

The install of this unit, while considered plug-n-play, can be done in a couple ways. One being clean, the other being not.

While the connections are the same as most piggybacks on the sensors in the engine, plus a wire for O2 sensors, there is a plug for the OBD2 port that provides power to the unit as well as reading the ECU.

The not so clean way of installing is by routing this OBD2 cable around the drivers side door frame from the engine bay around the door frame down to the port. This method probably removes about an hour from the install.

The clean way is by removing the lower part of the dash, the small glove box for the manuals, and running the cable through the firewall.

So far I have not encountered any CEL's or Start/Stop errors in my almost 1000 miles of testing. This tune is very powerful and smooth. To quote a friend of mine who had a JB4 in his M135 when taking a ride in my car "Holy Sh*t this thing throws me back".

Let the comments begin.....
Old 07-10-2017, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you log AFR thru another app to see lambda values?
what maps did you run?
i was looking to do jb4 but run without o2 as a jb1 until harness kit comes out for the o2
what is estimated 0-60 improvement
Old 07-10-2017, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jjcuff1 View Post
Did you log AFR thru another app to see lambda values?
what maps did you run?
i was looking to do jb4 but run without o2 as a jb1 until harness kit comes out for the o2
what is estimated 0-60 improvement
The JB4 has a wire that taps the O2 sensor so its just as good as an actual harness, just not as clean.

I have been doing logs through the JB4 interface. At first I was running just map 1 but after those logs they gave me values to input into map 6 which is the custom map. I have to do more logs on that map for them in the next couple days but they said theres more room to push it up a bit.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is it available to buy? I don't see our cars listed yet. I have the a5 b9 sportback but should be the same as a4 b9
Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Is it available to buy? I don't see our cars listed yet. I have the a5 b9 sportback but should be the same as a4 b9
Not on the market yet, should be just a couple more weeks.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome can't wait!
so with the a4 b9 is the power more similiar to the golf r power then the gti since it is in between the 2 motors in power. And also with the awesome dct and Quattro it has to have closer to golf r stage 1 or better numbers ?
Old 07-10-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Awesome can't wait!
so with the a4 b9 is the power more similiar to the golf r power then the gti since it is in between the 2 motors in power. And also with the awesome dct and Quattro it has to have closer to golf r stage 1 or better numbers ?
I cant confirm any numbers as of yet, but based on the values I have been testing in the custom map it just pulls hard, and from down low. In "S" mode theres virtually no lag anymore, it just takes off. I havent tried any launches yet until the map is confirmed to be complete.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is your stock otherwise ? Improve the sound under load at all?
Old 07-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

oh boy, came from the 335i as well and i'm stunned that this will be available for the b9's as well.

how are changes on the fly made? is there a dash hijack feature?

keep us posted!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Is your stock otherwise ? Improve the sound under load at all?
Nope, see signature. Havent really been able to tell a difference in sound yet, the windows have been closed. But it might be hard to tell since I was getting a throatier sound with the RC too.

Originally Posted by ODIE-B9 View Post
oh boy, came from the 335i as well and i'm stunned that this will be available for the b9's as well.

how are changes on the fly made? is there a dash hijack feature?

keep us posted!
Well, there is a BT version where you use the app to make changes. Or, you keep your laptop in your car with the USB cord connected to the device like I have been doing for the logging. As far as the dash mode changing, nothing is out yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Been running a JB4 for the past week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: