Before & After Ceramic coating pictures - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Before & After Ceramic coating pictures

Notices
A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before & After Ceramic coating pictures

Reply

 
 
 
Old 01-11-2018, 06:44 AM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 88
Default Before & After Ceramic coating pictures

Anyone who apply ceramic coating, let's see some before and after pictures. And do you think it was worth the cost?
PPOPHIL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:54 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
bob m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ
Posts: 2,130
Default

I am not sure how many of us kept such a log - I am thinking some will have it at the ready, but pictures on the web really don't do it justice. When clean, I am not sure you can easily tell the difference between a coated car and a newly washed and waxed car - assuming that both were properly prepped.
You will notice the difference - down the road - so to speak, when the car needs to be washed. You will notice that dirt, dust, etc cleans much more easily on the coated cars and that the protection offered by a coating can last a few years - if properly maintained, rather than a few weeks with wax or 6 months with a sealant.
bob m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:56 AM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 88
Default

Originally Posted by bob m View Post
I am not sure how many of us kept such a log - I am thinking some will have it at the ready, but pictures on the web really don't do it justice. When clean, I am not sure you can easily tell the difference between a coated car and a newly washed and waxed car - assuming that both were properly prepped.
You will notice the difference - down the road - so to speak, when the car needs to be washed. You will notice that dirt, dust, etc cleans much more easily on the coated cars and that the protection offered by a coating can last a few years - if properly maintained, rather than a few weeks with wax or 6 months with a sealant.
Thanks for the reply, Are the steps in applying the same for a sealant as the ceramic coating?
PPOPHIL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Super User
 
uberwgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 6,226
Default

Originally Posted by PPOPHIL View Post
Thanks for the reply, Are the steps in applying the same for a sealant as the ceramic coating?
90% of the labor with a ceramic coating is polishing/perfecting the surface prior to coating application. We are typically talking hours of effort for this phase.

The coating application is generally quick. Some coatings are far more friendly than others.
uberwgn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:24 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 216
Default

Here are some pics of my A4 with Opti-coat Pro:
Attached Thumbnails Before & After Ceramic coating pictures-53406350-b070-49a1-80bd-7e63b0c4181c.jpeg   Before & After Ceramic coating pictures-46b9fe86-7b2f-4540-a18e-6e983f457d1d.jpeg   Before & After Ceramic coating pictures-06a1e1ac-727e-4f5f-8a11-c87816e9087f.jpeg  

Last edited by Eric5273; 01-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Eric5273 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:44 PM
  #6  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Spock1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
Here are some pics of my A4 with Opti-coat Pro:
Beautiful car!
Spock1234 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:39 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
 
cuke2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by PPOPHIL View Post
Anyone who apply ceramic coating, let's see some before and after pictures. And do you think it was worth the cost?
When I get back home later today I can supply some pictures showing how a good detail removed a blemish from my car....
cuke2u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:40 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
cuke2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 208
Default

Before detail:


cuke2u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:46 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
cuke2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 208
Default

After:


cuke2u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:36 AM
  #10  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 45
Default

Originally Posted by bob m View Post
I am not sure how many of us kept such a log - I am thinking some will have it at the ready, but pictures on the web really don't do it justice. When clean, I am not sure you can easily tell the difference between a coated car and a newly washed and waxed car - assuming that both were properly prepped.
You will notice the difference - down the road - so to speak, when the car needs to be washed. You will notice that dirt, dust, etc cleans much more easily on the coated cars and that the protection offered by a coating can last a few years - if properly maintained, rather than a few weeks with wax or 6 months with a sealant.
This is spot on. The longevity and the hydrophobic nature of the coating are why you do it. My father and I spent about 2.5 days during thanksgiving week washing/claying/polishing/coating his car. As was already said, the majority was the one and in some areas two stages of polish. My current coating of choice Optimum Gloss Coat. Goes on like a wax, maybe even easier.
NoMoreSwede is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Before & After Ceramic coating pictures


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: