A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Birds Eye on going forward

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Birds Eye on going forward

I've been struggling with the BE camera view. I posted previously that a new Android phone seemed to fix the problem, but that was premature. I'm still experiencing the BE Camera view toggling back to Graphic by itself. Just starting today, the BE view is coming onto the screen while driving forward. I was creeping through a drive thru always going forward and then super imposed on the map on the MMI screen, the BE view pops up. Wouldn't go away without pushing the Park Assist button. Happened twice today. Anybody else?
Old 09-28-2017, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Street
I've been struggling with the BE camera view. I posted previously that a new Android phone seemed to fix the problem, but that was premature. I'm still experiencing the BE Camera view toggling back to Graphic by itself. Just starting today, the BE view is coming onto the screen while driving forward. I was creeping through a drive thru always going forward and then super imposed on the map on the MMI screen, the BE view pops up. Wouldn't go away without pushing the Park Assist button. Happened twice today. Anybody else?
This is a well documented issue across all '17/18's with the top view camera system. I have the problem on my '18 SQ5 for the record. Search the Q7 MKII forum because they have some good info on a short term fix from Audi.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Street
I've posted the Audi explanation of the bug in several threads now, but suffice to say that if you trigger the parking distance sensors by inching forward with obstructions nearby (which shows the graphic view always) you will need to switch to the park assist mode (by hitting R on the transmission, or pressing the "P" parking button on the console) so that the right 1/3 window shows the camera view BEFORE shutting your car off.

The MMI goes into a sleep mode and fully powers down a little while after you park, and it saves settings and state to longer-term memory before it does. It's when it does this that the parking distance mode will overwrite the "camera" setting if it is the last mode that was used on the screen.

Audi's working on a fix, no timeline for it however. In the meanwhile, thousands of cars are stuck with a pretty annoying bug.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apologies for not searching more thoroughly. I've read the threads and there's definitely a bug. My thread starter is about something new. Either I have not triggered the parking sensors since the map is still displayed in the MMI and there is no warning beeps, or I have triggered the parking sensors, and the view from map to front camera isn't working. Probably all related bugs.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems to be a lot of bugs with this system. Annoying, to say the least. I purchased my ‘18 Prestige because of the drivers assistance package, as I wanted the ACC and top view camera. Definitely disappointed that if I want the top view camera I have to manually go into options and select it each time. I don’t even understand why it isn’t on by default on these vehicles since it still shows the radar signals.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave788
Seems to be a lot of bugs with this system. Annoying, to say the least. I purchased my ‘18 Prestige because of the drivers assistance package, as I wanted the ACC and top view camera. Definitely disappointed that if I want the top view camera I have to manually go into options and select it each time. I don’t even understand why it isn’t on by default on these vehicles since it still shows the radar signals.
It is supposed to be on by default. It is in my Q7 & was in my A4. It's a "bug" that has crept into the latest version of the software. As mentioned, one of the people here has contacted Audi & they came up with some sort of "solution" (which hasn't worked for me). There already is a TSB (which also didn't work) & they say they're working on releasing a software update. But - with Audi - releasing software fixes can be a test of your patience.

Last edited by Cadx6; 10-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The fix also has not worked for me. I put it into reverse before turning off car, and it came up the next time in graphic mode.