A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A/C and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A/C and warranty

My A4 is less 3 y.o. and still under 48k warranty. Hot days started and I found that there are no cold air at all blowing into cabin. No error in A/C shown.
Brought to dealer today. My wife picked car and they charged her $160 for "seasonal recharge". Today is Friday afternoon and I will follow it Monday, but for me it seems strange. I'll check warranty agreement, but my basic understanding that no matter what happened until 48K is covered.
Any comments? Anybody has such experience?

Old 05-31-2019, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It should be covered, IMO.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnit
My A4 is less 3 y.o. and still under 48k warranty. Hot days started and I found that there are no cold air at all blowing into cabin. No error in A/C shown.
Brought to dealer today. My wife picked car and they charged her $160 for "seasonal recharge". Today is Friday afternoon and I will follow it Monday, but for me it seems strange. I'll check warranty agreement, but my basic understanding that no matter what happened until 48K is covered.
Any comments? Anybody has such experience?

Should be covered 4y or 50k, Did the work order listed any parts use such as filter etc?
Old 06-01-2019, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It should be covered by the warranty. Also A/C shouldn't need a "seasonal recharge". If the recharge fixed the problem, the system is leaking refrigerant and needs to be fixed! Its entirely possible that its a slow leak that required extended testing under vacuum. A car less then 3 years old shouldn't be blowing hot air when the A/C is on.... period. Sounds like this dealer is lazy and wants to turn over cars. I would also ask for detailed information, if the system was recharged, they should have a record of how much refrigerant was in the system prior to it being purged, along with pressure readings at the high and low pressure fittings. Obviously if pressures were below factory spec and less refrigerant came out than the factory fill, it had to go somewhere.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NJRoadFan
It should be covered by the warranty. Also A/C shouldn't need a "seasonal recharge". If the recharge fixed the problem, the system is leaking refrigerant and needs to be fixed! Its entirely possible that its a slow leak that required extended testing under vacuum. A car less then 3 years old shouldn't be blowing hot air when the A/C is on.... period. Sounds like this dealer is lazy and wants to turn over cars. I would also ask for detailed information, if the system was recharged, they should have a record of how much refrigerant was in the system prior to it being purged, along with pressure readings at the high and low pressure fittings. Obviously if pressures were below factory spec and less refrigerant came out than the factory fill, it had to go somewhere.
Thanks for conformation of thoughts. Definitely refrigerant is gone somewhere. I already contacted Audi and they will talk to dealer at Monday. Looks like it should be warranty case.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bestcar17
Should be covered 4y or 50k, Did the work order listed any parts use such as filter etc?
No other "part" rather then Freon.