AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Can I upgrade the Driver's Seat (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/can-i-upgrade-drivers-seat-3049377/)

TiCoyote 12-13-2022 09:45 AM

Can I upgrade the Driver's Seat

2021 A4 B9 Premium Plus.

I used to drive a VW MK6 Golf GTI. I miss the seats. They really hugged me in. The A4 seats are fine, but... meh.

Last week, I brought the A4 in for a recall, and they gave me a 2023 A3 as a loaner. That car had awesome seats.

Can I upgrade the driver's seat? I don't want to lose any functionality (heating, motorized adjustment, airbag). And I don't want to run into any insurance issues (I'm in the US).

How expensive would it be?

Thanks.

SMac770 12-13-2022 10:06 AM

What is the PR code for your front seats? Q1A, Q1D, or Q4Q? Ie, standard, sport, or S sport?

superswiss 12-13-2022 10:17 AM

As alluded to above, there are different seats for the A4. Sounds like you might have bought yours with the Plain Jane standard seats. Depending on trim or option, you get sport seats which hug you more. I don't think the S Sport seats are available for the A4, those are for S and RS models. Technically you can upgrade to the sport seats if you don't have them already, but sometimes different wiring harnesses and coding is needed.

a2oc 12-13-2022 04:51 PM

sell the car, and get another one. I think the airbag has component protection.

dseag2 12-14-2022 05:11 PM

There are definite differences in the Sport and non-Sport seats in the B9 A4. Mine has the Sport seats with thigh extenders and they hold me in tight. I used Turo to rent another B9 A4 without the Sport seats and although they were comfortable they didn't hold me in and were shorter than the Sport seats.

A4Driver 12-15-2022 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by dseag2 (Post 25771952)
There are definite differences in the Sport and non-Sport seats in the B9 A4. Mine has the Sport seats with thigh extenders and they hold me in tight. I used Turo to rent another B9 A4 without the Sport seats and although they were comfortable they didn't hold me in and were shorter than the Sport seats.

Personally, I think that my A4's Sport Seats are pretty mediocre. They're flat as a pancake and the leather looks and feels pretty cheap. I'm a slender guy so they don't hold me in much. Years ago, I sat in my friend's Volvo and the luxurious seats had leather as soft as butter, with just the right amount of padding that would have made a living-room easy chair proud.

superswiss 12-15-2022 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by A4Driver (Post 25772101)
Personally, I think that my A4's Sport Seats are pretty mediocre. They're flat as a pancake and the leather looks and feels pretty cheap. I'm a slender guy so they don't hold me in much. Years ago, I sat in my friend's Volvo and the luxurious seats had leather as soft as butter, with just the right amount of padding that would have made a living-room easy chair proud.

They are nothing to write home about that's for sure and the basic leather in the A4 is just that. You have to step up to the S and add the optional Nappa leather interior for a nice soft leather on the seats.

Speedier 12-17-2022 07:45 AM

Try out the S4 seats maybe?
For me personally, those S4/S5 seats are super nice and feel really good to sit in.

georgeee 12-18-2022 02:50 PM

I'm confused. In Europe we can spec the A4 however we want... We can add either of the normal, sports, or S-sports seats. We can add any upholstery option as well - default fabric, microfiber, faux+real 550 leather or Feinnappa leather. Of cause, certain seats come in certain material and you can't truly mix and match anything, but there is a good amount of flexibility. Is this not the case in the US? Or do you guys usually buy on-the-lot cars and rarely order your own?

A4Audi4Fun 12-18-2022 03:53 PM

In the US and Canada, A4's are packaged as 3 different feature levels and a few additional options that can be added to each feature level. Even the 3 levels are different between the US and Canada. I often visit the Audi UK site and "lust" over how many different ways I could order an A4 over the pond. Same applies for all the other Audi models you can build via the UK site.

Folks in Europe tend to have far more ways to option out their Audi's to meet personal desires. :D