Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can you set Radio and Bluetooth music to their own volumes?

A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Can you set Radio and Bluetooth music to their own volumes?

Old 05-18-2019, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Can you set Radio and Bluetooth music to their own volumes?

I notice when they're the same volume the radio is louder so I have to turn it up for bluetooth (and plugged in) but once I disconnect (or unplug my phone) and it switches back to the radio, it is super loud.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I havenít been able to figure it out, Bluetooth or via AUX/USB volume input is always lower than radio. Itís super loud when you turn your car on when it reverts to radio.

Your ur best bet is to not leave radio on prior to turning car off. Just keep it on media tab and it wonít play the radio automatically
Old 05-18-2019, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same problem with radio being much louder than music off an SD card. I'm now in the habit of turning music on by turning the dial rather than pushing. That way it ramps up from 0 volume rather than resuming at the last setting. If I need to switch sources while it's on, I just need to remember to turn it down first.

I've never found anywhere for source-specific adjustments to equalize.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chompers View Post
I notice when they're the same volume the radio is louder so I have to turn it up for bluetooth (and plugged in) but once I disconnect (or unplug my phone) and it switches back to the radio, it is super loud.
Originally Posted by JDA_yeg View Post
I havenít been able to figure it out, Bluetooth or via AUX/USB volume input is always lower than radio. Itís super loud when you turn your car on when it reverts to radio.

Your ur best bet is to not leave radio on prior to turning car off. Just keep it on media tab and it wonít play the radio automatically
Go through the sound menu in MMI. You can set the input volume for each source independently.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I went though the sound menu and couldn't find where to change volumes independently. could you provide a picture or steps on how to do that?
Old 05-19-2019, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chompers View Post
I went though the sound menu and couldn't find where to change volumes independently. could you provide a picture or steps on how to do that?
Were you playing the sound / music via the input method you want to adjust? If not, play it and go to sound and press the left = menu to pull up the various input methods and then switch to it to adjust. Thatís what I did in my 2019.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76 View Post
Were you playing the sound / music via the input method you want to adjust? If not, play it and go to sound and press the left = menu to pull up the various input methods and then switch to it to adjust. Thatís what I did in my 2019.
Exactly. You need to be in the source you want to adjust.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bluetooth music volume is set on the source...your phone. While streaming audio, adjust the volume with the phone's hardware volume control buttons. You may have to override a Max safe listening level pop-up in the phone ( true of Android) to get the volume up higher than mid-way. With the Bluetooth volume cranked all the way up on my phone there's no difference in volume on the car if I switch between radio/ sd media/ sat/ or Bluetooth streaming.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Timfoilhat View Post
Bluetooth music volume is set on the source...your phone. While streaming audio, adjust the volume with the phone's hardware volume control buttons. You may have to override a Max safe listening level pop-up in the phone ( true of Android) to get the volume up higher than mid-way. With the Bluetooth volume cranked all the way up on my phone there's no difference in volume on the car if I switch between radio/ sd media/ sat/ or Bluetooth streaming.
However each individual source level is still independently adjustable in MMI. I just had a brand new Allroad loaner a couple weeks ago, and the volume control on my phone was "locked out" during Bluetooth playback. It was kind of annoying after getting so used to having the adjustment in my car.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76 View Post
I put it on media (playing from an SD card), hit menu, select sound, and left=, all I get is another menu, with Sound, Telephone, and a few other entries - nothing with sources. It is somewhere else?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you set Radio and Bluetooth music to their own volumes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: