AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/coding-turning-audi-active-lane-assist-all-cars-pre-sense-2907906/)

gguy 10-12-2016 03:34 PM

This is all new to me, so just to help me out: As I understand it, in my PP A4, if I activate this, the only way to turn it off is to go back in and "recode" it to remove the option? There is no way to just temporarily disable it for a few minutes while I am using it?

HyperS4 10-12-2016 03:40 PM

Absolutely awesome work. Thank you for taking the time to figure this out and share it with the forum.

Strife1013 10-12-2016 03:42 PM

So if you can all those features in a PP+ what do those black sensors do? Does traffic sign recognition work and if so will it come up on the HUD on the prestige models?

Mitchfin 10-12-2016 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Manny Lopez (Post 24868317)
Are you kidding me, you're freakin awesome! Worked like a charm! It also added the menu in the mmi to turn vibration on/off and steering correction early/late. I wonder if this will work on my wife's 17 A4. She doesn't have VC but the A5 module is standard.

Glad it worked! this will work on 2017 A4 without VC.

SYMAWD 10-12-2016 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Strife1013 (Post 24868337)
So if you can all those features in a PP+ what do those black sensors do? Does traffic sign recognition work and if so will it come up on the HUD on the prestige models?

By black sensors, do you mean the 2 "bulbs" in the bumper in the DAP? They are for the adaptive cruise control.

Pre Sense City, lane assist, and traffic sign recognition are just camera based.

Mitchfin 10-12-2016 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by HyperS4 (Post 24868333)
Absolutely awesome work. Thank you for taking the time to figure this out and share it with the forum.

Of course, I become a dog with a bone when I can't figure something out, and there is NOWHERE on the internet that outlines the whole procedure for these new models (it took a lot of google translate). Also big thanks to AudiA4B6US for helping me figure out the missing link (SPE and STA, still don't know what they stand for).

I kind of feel like I'm gaming the system too, I like that :)

Mitchfin 10-12-2016 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Manny Lopez (Post 24868307)
Figured it out! I did the initial A5 coding through the word description rather then the bits. Went back in to check the bits and they were not set. Recoded A5 and now I'm able to set the adaptations! Presense fault is no longer in the cluster. Now for the test drive!

Yes sorry, the bits are for the VCDS users because they don't have label files for these modules.

gguy 10-12-2016 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mitchfin (Post 24868348)
Of course, I become a dog with a bone when I can't figure something out, and there is NOWHERE on the internet that outlines the whole procedure for these new models (it took a lot of google translate). Also big thanks to AudiA4B6US for helping me figure out the missing link (SPE and STA, still don't know what they stand for).

I kind of feel like I'm gaming the system too, I like that :)

That's funny. I agree and I wish I knew more about this so that I could play with it too, it sounds like a lot of fun. I will follow along and learn as much as I can.

Wuplur 10-12-2016 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mitchfin (Post 24868344)
Glad it worked! this will work on 2017 A4 without VC.

Tried it on her car real quick with no luck. Will give it another go when she gets home later tonight. Cluster would say lane assist malfunction and the lines wouldn't show also the mmi option was just grayed out.

Mitchfin 10-12-2016 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Manny Lopez (Post 24868369)
Tried it on her car real quick with no luck. Will give it another go when she gets home later tonight. Cluster would say lane assist malfunction and the lines wouldn't show also the mmi option was just grayed out.

There might be different coding for her instrument panel, send me an auto scan and a photo of her camera!