Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense) - Page 64 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Old 03-24-2018, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by securityguy View Post
Got it...thanks!
Did it work? Now if someone can fix my Lane Assist barrier!
Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll test it tonight when it's dark and let you know but I can't imagine why it won't. Wish I new why the Easy Seat option isn't working. Checked the MMI and it is enabled.

Are you trying to activate lane assist? I had success in doing it but don't like it so turned it off. I'll PM you my cell if you want to call me and I'll help you through it.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by securityguy View Post
Are you trying to activate lane assist? I had success in doing it but don't like it so turned it off. I'll PM you my cell if you want to call me and I'll help you through it.
Thank you!! I owe you a beer or drink of choice whenever you are in the SF Bay Area.

It appears if you end up with "Coded" and "Not Coded," you'll need to go into OBDeleven Byte and Bit option capabilities. I had no idea how to get there (there is a little symbol at the top of the app with a 01 symbol. Once in there you scroll left or right to get the Byte then change the Bit below.

I turned off and on my car a couple times and an Active Lane Assist error came up. The error and lane symbols below my speedometer did not show in my car till I turned it off and let everything go dark and then I turned it back on. I also reset MMI and then the active lane assist menu options came up.

So I took it on a couple drives. With all the sensitivity options around medium and the the intervention on early in MMI, the car was too aggressive and sudden on correcting perceived lane deviations. I went back and turned down everything and went to late. It is much improved and will give it a try longer. Good to know that changing one option in the "Switch On" coding will turn it on/off without having to back out of the programming.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello all - this is my first post after stalking everyone for the last month. Proud new owner of a SQ5 based in Brisbane, Australia.
Firstly would like to thank all the members for sharing their coding ideas. So far have activated ALA thanks to MitchFin and various other things and have also invested in an ODBeleven and changed a few things with the apps as well as coding / adaptations.
Now for the good news (I hope) - after three weeks of fiddling around I think I have managed to successfully activate TJA. I achieved this without having to parameterize the camera (as some of the sites I visited suggested) just by various long coding changes and adaptations. From memory the modules where changes were made include 13, 17, 44, 5F and A5. This morning driving over the Story Bridge in heavy traffic everything finally worked - right symbols showed up in VC and the HUD (ie the ACC + the overlapped cars off to the side - all in green, green ALA guide lines) and the car steered , braked and accelerated itself and then gave me a warning to take over steering after around 10 seconds. I will test it again on way home tonight and if all is good happy to share with everyone exactly what coding and adaptations I changed.

Stay Tuned
Old 03-27-2018, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Woolly View Post
Hello all - this is my first post after stalking everyone for the last month. Proud new owner of a SQ5 based in Brisbane, Australia.
Firstly would like to thank all the members for sharing their coding ideas. So far have activated ALA thanks to MitchFin and various other things and have also invested in an ODBeleven and changed a few things with the apps as well as coding / adaptations.
Now for the good news (I hope) - after three weeks of fiddling around I think I have managed to successfully activate TJA. I achieved this without having to parameterize the camera (as some of the sites I visited suggested) just by various long coding changes and adaptations. From memory the modules where changes were made include 13, 17, 44, 5F and A5. This morning driving over the Story Bridge in heavy traffic everything finally worked - right symbols showed up in VC and the HUD (ie the ACC + the overlapped cars off to the side - all in green, green ALA guide lines) and the car steered , braked and accelerated itself and then gave me a warning to take over steering after around 10 seconds. I will test it again on way home tonight and if all is good happy to share with everyone exactly what coding and adaptations I changed.

Stay Tuned
super stoked to hear if you’re successful!
Old 03-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hopefully if it does work tonight I can remember everything I changed!!!!
Old 03-28-2018, 01:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good news - it worked on the way home. Its going to take a bit of getting used too but it works. Details below. Would really welcome confirmation this also works for others and/or other ideas on how to refine etc - good luck!!

A little treat I found in my research – how to activate the ALA guidelines in the HUD:

HUD Module 82
long coding
Lane Departure Warning -> set to available.

HUD Module 82
Adaptations
Personalized settings MMI
Lane assistant -> set to yes

Traffic Jam Assist Coding
I made so many attempts at this so I am not going to guarantee the following is in the right sequence (but I don’t think the sequence matters that much to be honest as if it did mine would not be working). Usual disclaimers need to be noted that this worked for me and not saying it will work for you or if it is legal where you live etc etc – try at your own risk!

My car: MY18, Built 2017, SQ5 Australian delivery. Has all add on’s (DAP etc) but it seems for these cars in Australia they do not include TJA, ALA or the traffic sign recognition (note for the traffic sign one I am waiting on a Kufatec dongle to enable that one as it does need parameterization of the camera). Have previously activated ALA following MitchFin’s instructions (and it works great) from this forum so note that ALA was activated before I did TJA as below.

After each and every change (ie each long coding and adaptation make sure you long press the green tick to accept each change as you go).

Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
Long Coding:
Assistent_for_traffic_hold_up -> activated
Traffic_jam_assistant_in_car_menu -> activated
Traffic_jam_dependent_linear_tracking -> activated
Driveaway by triggerleaver -> activated
Auto driveaway after short stop -> activated
Auto driveaway by pretrigger -> activated
Curve_assistent -> activated
Dense_traffic -> activated
Emergency_assist ->installed
Emergency_steer_assist -> activated

Note – some of these were already activated – I assume they are part of the stop & go function of the ACC.

Adaptations:
Nil

Control Unit A5: Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)
Long Coding
STA -> coded

Adaptations

Nil

Control Unit 44: Steering

Long Coding

Heading control assistant -> active
Traffic jam guidance assist -> active

Adaptations

Nil

Control unit 5F: Information control unit (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)

Long Coding

Nil

Adaptations

Fahrzeug funktionsliste bap2 generation erweiterung:

Front_traffic_assist_0x41 -> activated
Front_traffic_assist_0x41_msg_bus -> terminal 15

Vehicle configuration:

VZA pro: On

Once all the above have been done, and you have accepted each change successfully as you have made them, reset the MMI. Once re-started I then hit the car on/off button to turn off. Get out of the car and lock it. Wait 5 minutes then get back in and start the car and go for a test drive (in multi-lane traffic, moving slow with good line markings)

Hope it works for you all.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default After thought

I should mention that I am 99% sure they were all the changes. If it doesn’t work I’ll take another look to make sure that was them all. Let me know.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 44 - Steering Assistance Can't change bit 7

Originally Posted by Mitchfin View Post
Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.

If using OBDEleven use all the directions only on the left half of the " " symbol, if using VCDS use all the directions on the right side of the " ".

UPDATE:
Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
HC>Active Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active Byte 12>Bit 3

17 - Dash Board EDIT:
Lane Assistant>Active Byte 4>Bit 6
Lane Change Assistant>Active Byte 5>Bit 3 - This should only be on if you have Audi Side Assist (blind spot monitor).

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control Byte 35>Bit 0

44 - Steering Assistance
Heading Control Assistant>Active Byte 2>Bit 7

ALL ADAPTATIONS:

5F - Information Electronics

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning_over_threshold_high = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2>LDW_HCA_0x19> Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> Set Value to “Terminal 15”

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

You can tweak the vibration intensity, warning time, and steering effort in these A5 adaptations:

UPDATE

Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: steering wheel vibration (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: power steering support (3 options)

I'm using VCDS to code this but when i get to 44, the system won't accept the change to bit 7. Anyone else experience this? Workaround?
Old 03-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default having trouble with adaptation

can anyone guide me as to why the adaptation doesn't work for a few of these. no stored value so it doesn't give me a list of options to change to.

thanks!

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated” - doesn't show a stored value so it doesn't give me a list of choices

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting” - this one worked

System System
mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu” - same as BAP Personalization

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the
button button
to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC) No options

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: