A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Old 07-16-2018, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought my 2015 q7 premium plus. How can I check if my vehicle can activate this funtion? Want to make sure before i buy an obdeleven. I am not sure if i have presense. I do have the rear camera sensors and also side mirrors sensors.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Flores
Just bought my 2015 q7 premium plus. How can I check if my vehicle can activate this funtion? Want to make sure before i buy an obdeleven. I am not sure if i have presense. I do have the rear camera sensors and also side mirrors sensors.
^^ Okay, the standard questions (this gets old)... Where are you located?.. Is your vehicle equipped with pre sense city?.. Is the vehicle equipped with a high mount forward facing camera at the top of the windshield behind the rear view mirror? What additional options does your '15 Q7 PP have?
Suggest you include your vehicle info on your signature line, and include location info in your avatar area - see 'user control panel'.
- Richard
Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbreeze
^^ Okay, the standard questions (this gets old)... Where are you located?.. Is your vehicle equipped with pre sense city?.. Is the vehicle equipped with a high mount forward facing camera at the top of the windshield behind the rear view mirror? What additional options does your '15 Q7 PP have?
Suggest you include your vehicle info on your signature line, and include location info in your avatar area - see 'user control panel'.
- Richard
Yes sorry for that... Signature updated. So nope my vehicle didnt come with presense city or front camera... Im SOL retrofit Im sure is $$$$
Old 07-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this work on a 2018 Q5 prem plus ?
Old 07-17-2018, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet9
Does this work on a 2018 Q5 prem plus ?
^^ Silverbullet9, the 2018 Q5 Premium Plus in the U.S. comes standard with pre sense city (which includes the high mount forward facing camera behind the rear view mirror), therefore the coding found in this thread should work to turn on active lane assist on your vehicle. You should also be able to activate high beam assist with appropriate coding or by using the 1 step mini app (100 credits) found in the OBDeleven app.
- Richard
Old 07-21-2018, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi!

Have been using this for a while now with no problems. But now I seem to need some help from you guys. Suddenly, without any changes from me in obdeleven, the cruise control became unavailable. At the same time all sound from the dashboard disapperad, such as warning sounds and the clicking sound from the turn indicators. I have tried to deactive the lane assist but it didn't help. Anyone knows what to do here?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by zharpe
Hi!

Have been using this for a while now with no problems. But now I seem to need some help from you guys. Suddenly, without any changes from me in obdeleven, the cruise control became unavailable. At the same time all sound from the dashboard disapperad, such as warning sounds and the clicking sound from the turn indicators. I have tried to deactive the lane assist but it didn't help. Anyone knows what to do here?

Thanks.
This is how it looks like on the dashboard:

And as far as I can tell the only change in obdeleven at the time this happened (not by me) was this:

This is really annoying, anyone got any ideas?
Old 08-26-2018, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I turned it off on my A5 and uncle's A4. We both couldn't take ALA anymore in urban areas. Just constantly tried to intervene on urban freeways and roads even on the lowest settings. We only turned if off on that one setting so it can be re-enabled easily. I find it ALA to be best on long freeway drives outside of dense urban areas so will turn it on for those.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just tried this and the LAS disables at around 80mph. The only way to reenable it is to turn the ignition off and back on. Is anyone aware of a fix or should I just cut my losses and stick with mitchfin's steps?
Old 10-07-2018, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by echristoperj
I just purchased ODBEleven and installed it on a cheap Android phone I bought just for this purpose. I was fully prepared to do the coding in this thread to enable this feature, but It's showing that Active Lane Assist has been added as an app. If I use the pre-installed app, is there any other coding needed?
I just tried this and the LAS disables at around 80mph. The only way to reenable it is to turn the ignition off and back on. Is anyone aware of a fix or should I just cut my losses and stick with mitchfin's steps?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)