A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
Yes, it now has an app that automatically does the coding for you, but I can't remember if it requires purchasing more than one app to do it. So convenience is not free in these apps - they all cost credits which you can buy in the overall program app or you can watch ads each day and earn 1 free credit per ad. Cheap apps are 10 credits, but I believe I saw 100 credits for the lane assist app. If you do it manually it is free, but up to you. Most of the mods you can do for free with manual coding, but I think I used an app or two where I couldn't find the manual setting.

Please do reading and searching - you'll be able to answer a lot of the questions you are asking. At some point, people will start screaming SEARCH at you.

Thanks a ton, I will def search before asking anymore questions!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi All,
I was thinking of doing this, till i came across this from kufatec. Will this do the same as using the ob11 and the app? Is this reversible? I tried emailing the company, but no luck. Any info would be a big help. I know they already make one for the traffic sign recognition. Has anyone purchased from them?

https://www.kufatec.com/de/alle-prod...tent-mlb-42288
Old 11-12-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wit2000
Hi All,
I was thinking of doing this, till i came across this from kufatec. Will this do the same as using the ob11 and the app? Is this reversible? I tried emailing the company, but no luck. Any info would be a big help. I know they already make one for the traffic sign recognition. Has anyone purchased from them?

https://www.kufatec.com/de/alle-prod...tent-mlb-42288
I bought traffic signs...plug in and did all the coding. I would use OBD11 for Lane Keep because then you only have one change to turn it off. (And it will be cheaper)I doubt that Kufatec would build that into their Dongle-probably why no response.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.S
I bought traffic signs...plug in and did all the coding. I would use OBD11 for Lane Keep because then you only have one change to turn it off. (And it will be cheaper)I doubt that Kufatec would build that into their Dongle-probably why no response.
Interesting little module from Kufatec... A while back I posted a solution on the A5 / S5 board for instantly turning ALA on / off. I was going to post that to this thread, but just realized I never did. For those who are into this sort of thing, it's pretty simple. For those who are not, probably not a solution for them. I'm surprised Kufatec didn't put a 'toggle' button on their module.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-cars-2958490/
Old 11-20-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the reply. I would love to get the OB eleven, but I am a little to nerviness yet to mess with coding...
Old 11-22-2018, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wit2000
Thank you for the reply. I would love to get the OB eleven, but I am a little to nerviness yet to mess with coding...
I am far from a computer guy, so I was nervous, but I followed the directions and I was able to get everything I wanted done except for the needle sweep. You can do it.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mitchfin I'm in SLC and just bought a 2016 A7 with Pre Sense and the MMI shows active lane assist is inactive. I'm not super technical and I'm wondering if there is someone in SLC who could help activate this for me
Old 01-08-2019, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by utahtroy
Mitchfin I'm in SLC and just bought a 2016 A7 with Pre Sense and the MMI shows active lane assist is inactive. I'm not super technical and I'm wondering if there is someone in SLC who could help activate this for me
I’ll pm you
Old 01-12-2019, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you all! I was able to activate it on my 2018 Q7. I don't have the Line Departure button on the blinkers and now LD is always on when you reach 45mph.
Is possible to turn it on/off via a menu or shortcut or change the activation speed to 65mph?
Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ngeorgieff
Thank you all! I was able to activate it on my 2018 Q7. I don't have the Line Departure button on the blinkers and now LD is always on when you reach 45mph.
Is possible to turn it on/off via a menu or shortcut or change the activation speed to 65mph?
If you turn off traction control it disables. Otherwise you’ll need the button.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)